| FTBL Game Week: Alabama @ Tennessee (press conferences, news updates, discussion, and Vol mockery)

This game represents one of those dichotomies in football. For instance, I've always been (easily) amused seeing fan throw the touchdown signal up for field goal. And then, when an opponent misses one? The touchdown signal. 🤷‍♂️

This game? I LOVE this week. And, I woke up this morning in a "bad mood" thinking about UT.

IMO this Alabama - Tennessee game could get ugly quick. I know The Vols are an up and down team but this Bama team is down. When I watch the HC talk, his pre and post press conferences, his body language and etc is troubling. I fully understand it’s his first year and I, along with everybody else, knew there would be growing pains. Before the season I had already accepted the fact they would probably lose to Georgia, Tennessee, and possibly to Missouri and LSU. However, with the current way they’re playing all games are now probably a loss or toss-up. If it’s not turned around by the coaching staff the players on this team that do care will hit the transfer portal. Again, unfortunately IMO Ryan Willians will be one of those players. RTR

Another interesting game, depends on how focused the team is going into the game. I know the environment is going to be tough on the secondary and defense this week so we'll definitely need to be better with communication. I could see this going a ton of different ways but I think it'll ultimately be a competitive game and hopefully Bama leaves with the win.

Tennessee closed last season ranked 74th in the nation for home field advantage: 2.3 per game.

If we assume that's true this season ... Vegas sees the game as a pick 'em.

IF you are interested, LSU had the highest with...get this...UAB coming in second with 3.8 per game.

Coach Clark said on Jox that the Tide is giving away they plays by their “Pad Level”… He said the reason Bama can’t run the ball is teams know “they are going to run”… He said that they have got to work on disguising their plays better..

Coach Clark said on Jox that the Tide is giving away they plays by their “Pad Level”… He said the reason Bama can’t run the ball is teams know “they are going to run”… He said that they have got to work on disguising their plays better..
I'm not sure I saw that on any of the film I watched. Yea there were some obvious running downs like 3rd and 1 where they lined up in 3-point stances across the board and the entire stadium knew they were running. Outside of that though, looking at some of the plays, pad level was consistent across the board. Nobody is giving a tell or anything in particular.

Since I rewatched everything and provided that breakdown, it's easy for me to note that South Carolina changed how they defended us throughout the game and Sheridan did a very good job of calling plays IMO. The ones that were negatives were not because of play calling but instead because of execution or poor reads.

EDIT: Yea I re-watched 3 series on offense, there's no indicator on pad level or stances. Just South Carolina calling a run blitz into some runs here and there.

Back
Top Bottom