| FTBL Game time for Ole Miss

I'm with you Delta.....I really hope it is a 2:30 game so I can go hunting that morning. :D

With Vandy playing so well and having almost beat Georgia last year....that game might be the 2:30, however with us being ranked #2 and Ole Miss playing so well I could see us being that game as well. Either way I don't think we have the 11:30 game because both of these are better than LSU/USCjr match up.

Im assuming that CBS would take the option of waiting til after Sat before making a decision. (they can still do this right?)

Save Bama and Ole Miss.....all of the other teams could very easily lose this Sat

rammerjammer said:
I'm with you Delta.....I really hope it is a 2:30 game so I can go hunting that morning. :D

With Vandy playing so well and having almost beat Georgia last year....that game might be the 2:30, however with us being ranked #2 and Ole Miss playing so well I could see us being that game as well. Either way I don't think we have the 11:30 game because both of these are better than LSU/USCjr match up.

I had heard rumors of a possible ESPN pick but the Raycom thought was a surprise to me. UGA will be on CBS this weekend vs. UT, possibly vs. LSU on Oct. 25th and then again on Nov. 1st vs. Florida. Would they put UGA on 4 out of 4 weeks??? ;scr

Im assuming that CBS would take the option of waiting til after Sat before making a decision. (they can still do this right?)

I would have thought they would be able to exercise that right, but it doesn't appear to be the case according to the article.

TV times: The Alabama-Ole Miss game was one of three Oct. 18 contests being held for selection by CBS, ESPN and Raycom. A announcement is expected today between Alabama-Ole Miss, LSU-South Carolina and Vanderbilt-Georgia.

Lenny Kozlowski said:

Save Bama and Ole Miss.....all of the other teams could very easily lose this Sat

They've exercised one of their options to wait, but wait until today... from the latest press release I read this morning.

Three games in play. Ours, LSU vs USC, and the Vandy game.

I came across this early this morning...a USC fan pointed it out to me.

uscsports.com said:
Oct. 6, 2008

The football television selections for Saturday, October 18 have been delayed until Tuesday, Oct. 7, the SEC office announced late this afternoon. The three games being held for selection by CBS, ESPN and Raycom are Ole Miss at Alabama, Vanderbilt at Georgia and LSU at South Carolina. These three games will appear on one of the networks listed.

BamaDelta said:
rammerjammer said:

I had heard rumors of a possible ESPN pick but the Raycom thought was a surprise to me. UGA will be on CBS this weekend vs. UT, possibly vs. LSU on Oct. 25th and then again on Nov. 1st vs. Florida. Would they put UGA on 4 out of 4 weeks??? ;scr

CBS' original schedule was just about all LSU and UGA. If they don't go with LSU-USC, it will be the first time this year that they have varied from that original schedule.

http://www.southernsaturday.com/2008/08/cbs-leaks-future-tv-games.html

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease! Not another CBS game next week.

I'm still trying to get over the sorry broadcast that Danielson and Lundquist delievered last Saturday. :twisted:

bear facts said:

I'm still trying to get over the sorry broadcast that Danielson and Lundquist delievered last Saturday. :twisted:

I'm willing to grant them a mulligan for that effort, but I do hope they get better. Sadly, it isn't like I can turn on the radio (Eli) and have a better experience. :roll:

Like I said on Saturday though, in the past, IMO, they have done an admirable job, all things considered (that meaning the overall quality of football announcers out there these days), but they were either unprepared or just mailed it in on Saturday. Mistakes galore, and Danielson was just flat out making things up just for the sake of having something to say.

Porter said:
bear facts said:

I'm willing to grant them a mulligan for that effort, but I do hope they get better. Sadly, it isn't like I can turn on the radio (Eli) and have a better experience. :roll:

Like I said on Saturday though, in the past, IMO, they have done an admirable job, all things considered (that meaning the overall quality of football announcers out there these days), but they were either unprepared or just mailed it in on Saturday. Mistakes galore, and Danielson was just flat out making things up just for the sake of having something to say.

I'll be nice:

If Danielson doesn't have Tebow around to gush over, he pretty much doesn't know what to say.

Vern's better days were with Dallas.

bamanaf said:
BamaDelta said:
still nothing yet. I sure hope it isn't Raycom. In my most snobby thoughts I just assumed we'd be CBS. :D

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/huntsvilletimes/index.ssf?/base/sports/1223370908107400.xml&coll=1

Man the commercials that CBS is getting in this season sure seem to drag the games out loooooooooooong!!!

Nothing new. I haven't taped a game in over 15 years, but back when I did, I used 8 hour tapes for CBS games. I hate to go to a game they are televising.

I hope it is 8pm E.T. ESPN. I have a wedding to do. It is one thing to schedule your own wedding around a game, but the preacher cannot dictate when he can/cannot perform a wedding. I could have said "no," but I gotta be the diplomat :)

AFF said:
I hope its ESPN too. I just can't stand the CBS crew.

CBS really scares me. It is obvious they are chasing the big bucks with all of their commercials. The more viewers they have, the more they can charge for all of those commercials. At the time of the bogus offensive pass interference, CBS was a Bama TD away from having only UA and UK viewers. Bama didn't get that TD, thanks to the OPI. CBS kept their viewers, and now can charge more for their commercials. Really makes you wonder what is going on.

Back
Top Bottom