| TV/MOVIES/MUSIC "Frasier" Paramount +

Another show I've never watched two seconds of.
You'll have to find it but if you're going to go here you have to start with Cheers. Then to Frasier ...

Think about this. Name another character on TV that's lasted through...what, four decades now? In three different renditions.

@TerryP watch the first one, and you are right. The only thing that has changed is the location. Maybe the only ones that I think should come back is Norm and Cliff or maybe Carlo. Watching the second one now.

You just cost me an hour, @TerryP , but it was enjoyable. The show has the same writers, and you know the jokes are coming..."Dad, can you pass the salt".

I had an offer to get Paramount + and Showtime from Amex, it's $11.99 a month to include Showtime, and I get an $11 credit for the first three months, so I'm on the clock to get all Yellowstone prequels out of the way, too.

Back to work...

You'll have to find it but if you're going to go here you have to start with Cheers. Then to Frasier ...

Think about this. Name another character on TV that's lasted through...what, four decades now? In three different renditions.
Munch! From Homicide Life on the Street to Law & Order SVU, Cold Case and even X-Files.

Actually I got it wrong lol Been so long since I've seen it. They thought it was a child molester that murdered a bunch of cops (they were raiding his house) but it ended up being someone else. He got off of it and then wound up dead and it was heavily implied that Munch is the one that offed him and covered it up.

I'd have to look up the name of the book...it's close to this; central character is Jay something...Munch is based off that character: true crime story. I read it when I was in school for undergrad...so early 90's.
Yep, David Simon's book (longtime crime reporter in Baltimore) Homicide A Year on the Killing Streets. He based Munch off Jay Landsman and two other cops. They ended up using that book and The Corner as the basis for The Wire (and the mini-series The Corner, which a ton of actors would end up being used on The Wire, too). They also made Landsman a character in The Wire.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom