| FTBL Fran tells A&M to "hold the rope."

bear facts said:
I will say this for Fran: he sure gave Coach Saban and LSU a beating before he left.

Just when I thought you were a man of integrity BF you go and say that! :shock:

Just kidding my friend, you are absolutely right.
Truthfully I stil love every minute of that game.
Man what a night. Our boys put it on that LSU team but good.

kudzu said:
bear facts said:
I will say this for Fran: he sure gave Coach Saban and LSU a beating before he left.

It's the truth, and man that was a good game.

kudzu said:
bear facts said:

What I loved was watching the LSU Tiger faithful empty that stadium early in the 3rd quarter. Talk about throwing in the towel early. There used to be some photos and video floating around of that very scene.

Then Fran giving Saban an earful at midfield after the game.

Yes, that was an awesome night in Red Stick.

Bocephus said:
while that article is total BS, I do agree with the sentiment. the word I keep hearing is that Fran will not be fired until after the '08 season b/c that is what Byrne promised the boosters who brought Fran in, and who are paying for facilities expansions at A&M. Most Ags wanted him fired after last year. If he does not win 10 this year while beating tu, then I want him fired. He is just a stopgap. He has never been embraced by the fans.

SB, didn't know you were registered here.

FWIW, the boosters you are talking about were calling for his head after year one. When I was in Norman a few years ago one of the writers for the OK City paper said he heard them at the game talking about how the decision to bring him on staff was a bad one.

To say the least, he's in hot water.

porkchop said:
[

As far as his leaving BAMA goes, I'm over it. It was probably for the best anyway. I don't doubt for a minute that he left due to people at the UofA meddling in his koolaid. We have a long history of that type thing occurring here, so I can understand why Franchione wanted out. The way he went about it was inexcusable and unforgivable IMHO.

Hey Chop I have a question, How do you think Saban will react when they meddle in his koolaid and how do you think he will handle it?

Saban strikes me as more the type of person that will piss you off and not give a damn about it moreso than Franchione. If you mess with Saban he's likely to tell you to take a spin on it, if not have your job/title/position by the end of the day. Atleast that's how he comes across, and according to what we see and read, it seems to fit right in line.

If the powers that be start messing with Saban and getting into his business then we deserve whatever we get after that. Or, maybe...the powers that be...deserve whatever comes afterwards.

If Saban has the program headed in the right direction and these people screw it up then they deserve whatever misery befalls them.

porkchop said:
If Saban has the program headed in the right direction and these people screw it up then they deserve whatever misery befalls them.
This is what I am sitting back and waiting for. I hope it doesn't happen but I see one of the good ole boys sticking his nose where it hasn't belonged in years.....

csdien said:
wow Terry I thought maybe the Tigers had kidnapped you for good only place I see you active anymore is Tigerforums! :lol:

I've been a member there for 5+ years? It's a great forum.

Unfortunately, the only thing I have to post about Bama right now has been covered, with the exception of (and I suspect you'll see it soon) bad news about DJ. Right now, it's just rumors, but I suspect, considering how many people I have asking me about it, there may be some truth to the matter.

Consider Vick...and you are on the right track.

As usual, I'll talk more in the season...for right now, it's about work, and golf. Can't beat it on the SC coast.

doh I don't like the tone of that at all. :shock:

I enjoyed your posts for awhile would be good to see them somewhere again ;tr

I noticed you were up there in posts counts on those forums figured you'd been around awhile. It's one of the rival forums I visit pretty often.

Back
Top Bottom