| FTBL FoxSports on BAMA

The team will be far better if ... it sacks somebody. Thirteen sacks and 55 tackles for loss. That's not exactly the type of defensive play the Tide was looking for from the defensive front last year, so job one for Saban and defensive coordinator Kevin Steele will be to make sure those numbers double, if not triple. A move from a 4-3 to a 3-4 will try to make that happen.

Hard to argue with that. If the defense can create negative yardage, field position will improve for the offense and have a shorter field to work with. How many times last season did we start a drive from behind our own 20? Too many.

Nice read.

porkchop said:
You and Al are like...buddies and stuff huh? :D

Not as much as you and your friend. :D

lsge_0001_0001_0_img0018.jpg

It was a good preview but this caught my eye:
There's a neutral site date with Florida State in Jacksonville to save the non-conference slate from being considered a total joke.

Am I missing something or wasn't Houston pretty damn good last year and don't they have players coming back?

Our out-of-conference schedule is not half bad this year. It's next year's that I am most embarassed about.

bamafan4ever said:
It was a good preview but this caught my eye:
There's a neutral site date with Florida State in Jacksonville to save the non-conference slate from being considered a total joke.

Am I missing something or wasn't Houston pretty damn good last year and don't they have players coming back?

Our out-of-conference schedule is not half bad this year. It's next year's that I am most embarassed about.

Houston was just 'ok'. They lost their QB, Klob (I think that was his name), and he was solid. So even if you have some guys coming back, it's going to be harder at a school like Houston, when you lose a good qb.

rolltyroll said:
Houston is definitely a scary opponent. ULM and West Car are the only two games i am not nervous about this year.

I will prolly be nervous before all the games lol...I dont like to overlook any team

seancallahan said:
rolltyroll said:
Houston is definitely a scary opponent. ULM and West Car are the only two games i am not nervous about this year.

I will prolly be nervous before all the games lol...I dont like to overlook any team

After 2006, I don't like to overlook anyone. :lol:

seancallahan said:
rolltyroll said:

I hear ya. Hopefully Coach Saban will bring back the days when we win the ones we damn sure know we should. Then we can focus on the tough games.

Back
Top Bottom