| RECRUIT Forgive if already posted: 5 Star RB Commits to UGA over Bama

I love this stuff. He was never seriously considering us. He liked how we allowed our backs fresh legs into the NFL, but he really appears to be Team Me. Him and his dad were quoted as saying they were looking for a place where he could potentially be RB1, but hoping for a more RB2 role so he could maintain low wear and tear while he gets ready for the NFL. never heard of someone with this mindset before. Wants like 10-12 carries a game. Running back on a pitch count?

Had this discussion with a cousin last night. Claimed we were beat out for Milton by UGA. I tried to explain that Evans is higher on our board and that we already have the Williams kid from Hueytown in the fold. I also tried to explain that RB really wasn’t a pressing need this year since we may lose only 1 to the NFL after the season. B Robinson MIGHT be the second one if he has a breakout year.

Had this discussion with a cousin last night. Claimed we were beat out for Milton by UGA. I tried to explain that Evans is higher on our board and that we already have the Williams kid from Hueytown in the fold. I also tried to explain that RB really wasn’t a pressing need this year since we may lose only 1 to the NFL after the season. B Robinson MIGHT be the second one if he has a breakout year.

AGREED. This year, if I am a recruit, I am thinking, IF I have really watched 'Bama a lot, that B Robinson will PROBABLY stay, that Ford is still going to be around, at least at this point, that Trey Sanders is supposed to be a beast, that we have 1 or 2 'change of pace' backs in Keilan Robinson and C Townsend, and that Roydell Williams, who is underrated, is already in the fold. So if you are a tremendous competitor you might still consider the Tide.... there is a CHANCE that Robinson goes pro, and Ford could always leave, but you would have to be a patient, and competitive back that loves winning if you are the number one back in the nation and there are all kinds of places where you could start by mid-year for a 'good' team.

Kinda hard to throw shade on them for making the CFP playoffs in 2018 and then missing out barely...he's had the results.
Well.....really not throwing "shade"..... yep with Kirby UGA has beenin playoffs...has a SEC Championship....all great stuff... and all would...will...expect more... thats the "results".... more.... Can he deliver more.... i ...for one think he will.... as Dabo willdeliver more at Clemson

Isnt Zachery Evan's looking likely to commit to Bama? Hes been called the best Texas HS RB since Adrian Peterson

Yes, he is our target. Getting Milton would have been good, but I think weeks ago when George committed it clearly showed who we were gunning for in Evans. Milton simply liked our running back by committee approach and that appears to be it.

Nick and staff will lose many recruits to UGA in the coming years but so will everyone. Just got to beat them on the field. My biggest question about Kirby is can he manage entitlement within his program. 1st he has to win something other than the SEC (still a big deal). He and his staff kind of failed last year to move forward after the NC game and ended the year having their azz handed to them by the Horns.

Sounds like an excuse but Bama's current RB roster doesn't bode well for attracting 5's in this cycle. I hope we can hold on to the kid from Hueytown. Any success or lack of it by the incoming freshmen will have a bearing on recruiting as well. (if they can actually get minutes).

History says we lose at least 1 of the current roster/committed RBs to transfer before this time next year. I think (JMO) Milton is a bit of a prima. That may or may not change at UGA (could get worse). I like Evan's attitude (what little I've seen) better. Taking nothing away from Milton talent.

It's hard to see a really elite QB or running back joining this class. If they do it will be for many different reasons other than realistic playing time. It was difficult for Najee Harris his first 2 seasons. His mindset is not to sit and wait on the rotation to feather him in. Derrick Henry had a hard time with it as well. Now, here comes Trey Sanders and he's declaring he's going to win the Heisman his freshman year. Are we going to see this mindset? If so, I can see the two 5* juniors ahead of him messing with his visualizing and patience.

@50+yeartidefan I wasn't real wild about him making that declaration. Appreciate his confidence but would like for him to wait before making the chin music
Shoot....i hope he is got it sewed up by sec Championship game....and puts a bow on it during playoffs...i just wanted to be first th show him what it would look like...
But......alas....it is hard to win being on special teams only.....
The 3 invited to Heisman award show...Tua, Judey, and Sanders

Back
Top Bottom