| FTBL For those who are fretting with the after effects of Shulaitis, how does UT stop a Bama lead offense with Bryce?

TerryP

Staff
I expect him to play based on what happened last week. He was held out of throwing Monday and Tuesday, and was throwing again by the end of the week. (He could have been used Saturday, if necessary.)

If y'all want to fret on "what if's" ... have at it.

Even with Jalen, UT has defensive issues. A lot.

You be you this week ...

I expect him to play based on what happened last week. He was held out of throwing Monday and Tuesday, and was throwing again by the end of the week. (He could have been used Saturday, if necessary.)

You be you this week ...

I, unlike most here, have zero issues with Milroe starting in Knoxville. They will need to get their heads out of their asses as an offensive coaching staff though. To me, they set him up to fail and he still did well considering. We have no deep passing game, yet we did not even run intermediate routes much. Texas A&M was very spreadout on tge back end, and that's where a guy like Jeudy, Waddle, and Devonta are killers, but we don't have that. We will need a better gameplan.

These Vols fans are riding HIGH, and I mean HIGH this week.

Certainly not a guaranteed win this week. Very tough place to play. A team that believes they can win.

But these Vols are ripe for the pickings.

A key to the UT game will be turnovers. We’ve lost the turnover battle in 5 of our 6 games. Tied 0-0 in Texas game. That’s where A&M and their backup QB bit us for points. They didn’t have a drive that went over 6 plays until the last 3-4 minutes of the game. Hooker hasn’t thrown an INT all season and UT hasn’t lost the turnover battle in a game this season.

We’ve forced 3 turnovers this year.

These Vols fans are riding HIGH, and I mean HIGH this week.

Certainly not a guaranteed win this week. Very tough place to play. A team that believes they can win.

But these Vols are ripe for the pickings.

Why not be? They have taken care of business and seeing some much better days than they have been. No different than when Saban got Alabama back on track. They are a dangerous team, at home, Gameday, it will be one tough ass game.

We cannot give up 17 points on turnovers, need to mic man and zone coverage (last night, our guys were on an is
And alone bc we played so much man with pressure), not give up big plays and be able to run with some consistency.

Honestly it comes down to how well the gameplan and adjustments are from the coaching staff. Not saying Tennessee can't stop Alabama defensively, but the only thing that has been stopping Alabama offensively is the poor play calling.

You be you this week ...
Yep! The Viles aren't really good on defense (87th overall and 128th against the pass). Against the run, they sit 11th overall. With Bryce at the controls, we have the entire playbook at our disposal and a point guard running the show. Even though Saban says that Jalen has the "entire playbook", I think his is considerably less. I really think BOB should install a package using Jalen with Jase and Jaymarr on either hip when inside the 10 or short yardage. I know that I'm just an old retired HS coach, but damn if I wouldn't use those 3 in a spread option game and give DCs hell.

I’ll say that there were vocal fans around me who were apoplectic early and often about Milroe’s missteps. I haven’t had that degree of vocal, albeit uninformed, fatalistic whining since the Shula error.

RTR,

Tim

I’ll say that there were vocal fans around me who were apoplectic early and often about Milroe’s missteps. I haven’t had that degree of vocal, albeit uninformed, fatalistic whining since the Shula error.

RTR,

Tim
That is a shame. Some fans act like the end of the world because we have a backup QB in his 1st start having a difficult game. It takes time and real live game reps. We have been very fortunate starting with Jalen, Tua, Jones and BY. Those guys do not grow on trees. It took Jones 4 years of development.

We’ve faced two back-up QBs this year, Texas (3/4 of game) and A&M. Makes me hope UT uses their starter!
I get frustrated at times with the D but big picture they have not been the problem. As bad as the offense had played in those two games Texas and little brother scored 19 and 20 respectively. Now I personally wish that wa only 10 because that is still my measuring stick but when the offense struggles they way the have the D is being put into very difficuult circumstances.

Roll Tide Gentlemen time to put the Viles back in their place!!!!!

I don’t think there are any after effects of Shula at this point.
There are still after effects of Bryant, but not Shula? Would DuBosian fret be more apropos?
I haven’t had that degree of vocal, albeit uninformed, fatalistic whining since the Shula error.
Just teasing me to rant, aren't ya? That tells me it's time to get on the bike ... The world will wake up in a few hours.

That is a shame. Some fans act like the end of the world because we have a backup QB in his 1st start having a difficult game. It takes time and real live game reps. We have been very fortunate starting with Jalen, Tua, Jones and BY. Those guys do not grow on trees. It took Jones 4 years of development.

Didn't you just put down our quaterback in another thread, and now you're saying otgers are down on him like it's the end of the world?

L
How do you figure he could have been used...when he wasnt even throwing in warm ups......not handing off....not throwing...nuthin'

Was "the starting QB" when they announced the starting lineups....what a joke...

No...it was JMs game...unless he got hurt during game...

Back
Top Bottom