| FTBL Finebaum being Finebaum

Spot on. Some in the fan base think that the best is still ahead for the dynasty and I can’t for the life of me, figure out where that idea is coming from. To say that the best is still ahead is to say that the 2020 national championship team can be topped. Or that Saban will match or even surpass what has already been accomplished. One such idea I’ve heard floated is that he’s not retiring until he’s pulled the elusive 3 peat. If a 3 peat didn’t happen when we were 2/3 of the way there, then I don’t see how it happens now, completely from scratch.
Recruiting.

Got to be some diamonds in there

Nick Saban is up against society from here until he has had enough. The roster makeup isn't in his favor. The easy button generation and the twitter players aren't either. If he is going to take the route of appeasement the rest of his ride, then good luck with that.

JMO but he and Terry (as a one) will not allow all he has built to trend downward for long.

We're coming to the Cross Roads

1666388389321.png

The GOAT is not done but heck he has had so much talent it is hard to top that. Every year going forward we will have players that will be less than a Heisman QB, RB and all americans at almost every position. The same goes for the coaching staff.

My biggest issue for several years now has been on the defensive side of the ball. That has been mask by how potent the offense has been. I was hoping this year was better and I think it has been until the mess we saw last Saturday. Oh and the penalties in two games have been mind boggling.

If the team has not moved on (fans certainly have not) we will have issues tomorrow night also.

Defense suffers from “paralysis through analysis” from complexities of coverage. We are decent vs the run but flat footed vs the pass. At some point you have to simplify and let them play.

The GOAT is not done but heck he has had so much talent it is hard to top that. Every year going forward we will have players that will be less than a Heisman QB, RB and all americans at almost every position. The same goes for the coaching staff.

My biggest issue for several years now has been on the defensive side of the ball. That has been mask by how potent the offense has been. I was hoping this year was better and I think it has been until the mess we saw last Saturday. Oh and the penalties in two games have been mind boggling.

If the team has not moved on (fans certainly have not) we will have issues tomorrow night also.
And it was year of D.....but whatever...

Lot of talent....

And it was year of D.....but whatever...

Lot of talent....
Last year was also supposed to be the year of the D also but they were slower developing than expected. It cost them against A&M. Plus OL was average at best. I think both have been better at times this year. Anyway, I am still waiting for that ellisuve sub 10 points and less than 300 yards per game D. Everyone tells me that is looooong gone. I am not buying it. Yes I am old school and hard headed.

It just feels like the dynasty jumped the shark two seasons ago. And that's understandable. After all, how do you top that? It was a weird year because COVID was still very new, and there was still no vaccine or effective treatment. The season had a lot of postponements if not flat out cancellations. The day of the SEC Championship game also had 5 other regular season SEC games being played that had been moved at least once due to outbreaks. We not only played a first time in history, all SEC regular season, but we ran the table. 10 SEC wins, (11 if you count the SECCG). That will always stand because we are not likely to ever see a season format like that again. Not to mention the absolute dream team we had, that not only won the national championship, but did so in a year unlike any other where society was on the verge of collapse, and not just because of a virus. Saban being Saban, he won't rest on his laurels of that 2020.championship team. However, that is proving to be much easier said than done. It's really just time and circumstance. His retirement isn't happening in 5 seconds or anything. But I do believe it's closer than what the general consensus on that is

Back
Top Bottom