| FTBL Fight Song Lyrics Relavant Again?

alagator

Verified Member
Heard that if things go a certain way that a certain line from our fight song might be relevant again. That being 'Remember the Rose Bowl and we'll win then.'

If we win out with the exception of the LSU game and LSU wins out, thus putting LSU in the SECCG and us at 11-1 and odd man out, AND if Penn State wins the Big 11 AND makes the BCS Title game, there are rumblings that the Rose Bowl will forgo its usual Pac 10 v. Big 11 match-up (avoiding a USC and THE Ohio State University rematch - a Big 11 runner-up) in favor of selecting our very own Crimson Tide.

If we do go 11-1 and do not make the SECCG and BOTH USC and the Big 11 winner make the BCS game we are almost a LOCK to be a Rose Bowl selection.

Not a bad consolation prize if we stumble against LSU - and no one else.

Wonder if the big wheels here are hearing the same thing?

You can keep the Rose Bowl, I would rather go to South Beach also. LSU is the last team that I want to see us stumble against (well maybe not the last...we will just keep it to not stumbling against any Tigers.

It's not LSU I see us "stumbling" against.
I am VERY concerned Ole Miss. I think the team will be motivated when the time comes for us to visit Les Miles and Co.
Ole Miss is the one I am getting nervous about. ANYONE ELSE?

LSU will lose this weekend against the Gamecocks. I think the Gamecocks are getting overlooked by LSU but they have a great deffense. Im calling an upset.

bammer1684 said:
You can keep the Rose Bowl, I would rather go to South Beach also. LSU is the last team that I want to see us stumble against (well maybe not the last...we will just keep it to not stumbling against any Tigers.

Spoken like a 24 year old. :wink:

If that happened, it would make two years in a row that a team that didn't even make it to the Conference Championship game in the SEC to have received a BCS invite.

TerryP said:
bammer1684 said:

If that happened, it would make two years in a row that a team that didn't even make it to the Conference Championship game in the SEC to have received a BCS invite.

Terry, my intentions are purely for Bama going undefeated and playing for the NC. Haha.You know there is nothing else to do in Miami than to watch football. :D

bammer1684 said:
TerryP said:
bammer1684 said:

Terry, my intentions are purely for Bama going undefeated and playing for the NC. Haha.You know there is nothing else to do in Miami than to watch football. :D

LOL. Just messin' with ya! :D

I was in Miami for the Orange Bowl at the end of the '99 season. I can't really call that a real "great" bowl game experience.

To say the least, the out-skirt towns around Miami were a lot more fun than dealing with the "3-name street" confusion that is Miami.

Not a big fan of the town...

I want to go to miami no doubt but who would have guessed that the second year under a new coaching staff and a team that is young and dosent have a lot of depth that we could be in a bcs game. No one would have guessed it.

I too was at the Orange Bowl and the whole idea of being in that city gave me the strong dislike for that place. I have to admit that Tampa put on a better bowl game than Miami. But I won't gripe if we are playing in the title game. Lets just take it one at a time and ride this baby out.

If we beat Ole Miss, I think we will win the west by default at a minimum. LSU will also get spanked by UGA. UGA will exploit that underachieving secondary.

We'll beat UT badly, and at least beat one of the two tigers. AT THE LEAST!

AFF said:
I would be very surprised if that happens. Where did you hear this? Link?

Thanks
This is not from a linkable source.

And if I told you my source I would have to kill you. Before it killed me for giving their name.

Just kidding.

Kinda.

This is talk going on among and between some of the people involved in selecting teams for certain bowl games. I will say the talk originated on the far West coast before being filtered to me.

And this is not to say that I WANT this to happen at the expense of playing in the BCS Championship Game. Only that if we do NOT make that game this is being given heavy consideration for our consolation prize.

Would you rather it be 'Miami or Bust?'

There are also some more lines becoming relevant again. We've scheduled the Yellowjackets again, just like the old days. :wink:

Quick question, which Bulldogs is it? I'm guessing Georgia, and if so...we taught them to behave. Had the discussion with some friends and we weren't sure if it was Miss St. Always wondered myself...

Tider27 said:
There are also some more lines becoming relevant again. We've scheduled the Yellowjackets again, just like the old days. :wink:

Quick question, which Bulldogs is it? I'm guessing Georgia, and if so...we taught them to behave. Had the discussion with some friends and we weren't sure if it was Miss St. Always wondered myself...
It was Uga the song refers to. Back when Ga Tech was better than Uga year in and out!

Tider27 said:

Great question!!!

MSU used to be known as the Aggies...also known as the Maroons.

UGA adopted the Bulldog in 1920...Yea Alabama written after the Rose Bowl win in '26.

Atlanta_Tider said:
Tider27 said:

It was Uga the song refers to. Back when Ga Tech was better than Uga year in and out!

That is what I've always heard as well.

Atlanta_Tider said:
Tider27 said:

5-2-7 was the record between the two schools when they adopted the Bulldog.

I got into a huge discussion a few months ago with a guy who insisted that Ga. Tech used to be called the Bulldogs...took some time looking back at that history.

What is the selection process like for the BCS bowls?

How would the Rose Bowl fare at getting Bama when you know the the Sugar Bowl would want them as well?
I would almost believe that New Orleans would want to pit Bama against OSU :lol: . In the end, with one SEC team in the Orange Bowl, I can not see the Sugar Bowl not getting the other team.

The Fiesta Bowl would be interested in OSU as they won their last NC there. OSU would want that too as they would avoid both USC in the Rose and an SEC team in the Sugar. :lol: :lol:

As for the Rose Bowl, I suspect that a Big 12 one-loss team would be more attractive, which could be a USC-Texas rematch.

Back
Top Bottom