Vinnie Sunseri
Javier Arenas
Terrance Cody
Rolando McClain
Dre Kirkpatrick
Greg McElroy
Marcel Dareus
Amari Cooper

I can't find it, but I remember a play where Brown dove for the end zone and got drilled, held onto the ball, and scored the TD. On replay, you could see he actually got knocked out and took a few seconds before he could open his eyes and realize what happened. Dude was as tough as they come.

I was also a Bodie fan. Knew him pretty well since we came in at the same time and had several classes together. Imagine his arm with the weapons we've had over the past few years....

@Mr. Pink I remember him hitting a wall or guard rails? Has to be the same play....my memory is awesome.:confused:

Left out Mark Barron.....savage beast.

markbarronbama.jpg

Last edited:
My first real favorite at Bama was Joey Jones. I was just old enough and watched/listened(mostly) to enough Bama football to understand everything. He was an amazing WR given his natural limitations. He also gave everything, everytime to make some pretty spectacular catches, one handed with one toe inbounds. If he played in the replay era, I think he would have many more catches to his name.

There are certain players that have always been favorites for me. The guy that isn't a 4 or 5 star talent but gives everything they have for Bama and makes some spectacular plays or just plays through adversity and/or pain. Nobody epitomizes that more, in the modern era, than Lane Bearden. That dude will go down in my list of Bama Badassses forever. Javy is on that list, some physical limitations and almost quit the game because he thought he did not have what it took but he blossomed into an amazing player for us.

There are others like those three above but I think those three are my three favorites ever. There are many others that I liked for what they did with their tremendous talent, Derrick Thomas being my favorite of the studs.

@Mr. Pink I remember him hitting a wall or guard rails? Has to be the same play....my memory is awesome.:confused:

Left out Mark Barron.....savage beast.

markbarronbama.jpg
I do remember him doing that as well, but the play I was talking about was just over the middle of the field at the goaline. He caught it in traffic, turned and reached out, just barely making it across the goaline.

Back
Top Bottom