| FTBL šŸˆ Fall camp: 2024: Special Micā€™d up Fall Camp Edition with Jeff Allen, Director of Sports Medicine. šŸ˜

It isn't Sheridan's first rodeo with the OC keys, but it's fair to point out that his tenure with the keys up to this point has been both abbreviated and ordinary at best (on paper). Also fair to say, the numbers run deeper than that and context is important when it comes to being the OC at Indiana under Tom Allen vs. being the OC at a well stocked Alabama under Kalen DeBoer. However, also worth mentioning in all this... that jump to the SEC isn't just a high leap for players. A play caller new to this league will have to fight through some challenges... and that applies to DeBoer too. Personally, I have full faith (especially in DeBoer), that they will adjust pretty well to them and be better off from it in the long run. But I do anticipate some speed bumps in year 1.

they will adjust pretty well to them and be better off from it in the long run. But I do anticipate some speed bumps in year 1.
This is what I am trying to say but apparently doing a poor job saying it. I am not down on the staff, just saying there will be adjustments for players and coaches. That takes time... Heck it does for a new team with the same coaching staff much less a new staff and system.

I think BAMA will be successful and make the playoffs pretty easily. I believe these coaches on the offensive side is an upgrade. And the defense is a wait and see for me.

Hell , Les Miles went 11-2 following Coach Saban.

I think defense will be good, theyā€™ll definitely go through some growing pains. Get some much needed experience on the back end. Plus getting terminology down in gameā€¦

Going to be fun to watch, Iā€™m pretty excited to see them!!

@mando We demand you recite ā€œRoll Tide til I die,ā€ eighteen times, one for each national championship. Then you must prick your left index finger with a needle and force a drop of blood to land on a script A logo. Then you will have our blessing to express your skepticism on this forum full of Bama believers.

1000_F_423659174_WLrRmMVrmxCXmEIUTbLeHtUInJaRSmjp.jpg

@mando We demand you recite ā€œRoll Tide til I die,ā€ eighteen times, one for each national championship. Then you must prick your left index finger with a needle and force a drop of blood to land on a script A logo. Then you will have our blessing to express your skepticism on this forum full of Bama believers.

Don't forget the mantra "3-4, RPO".

I believe in Bama completely including this staff. I just think it is going to take some time and the SEC is unforgiving. I also know the level this team played at under CNS. No other program has done what they did in the history of the sport. Simple logic to me.

Roll Tide to all and nothing will make me happier than being completely wrong and Bama goes undefeated and wins it all in year 1.

I also know the level this team played at under CNS. No other program has done what they did in the history of the sport. Simple logic to me.
Couldnā€™t agree more. But hereā€™s the point that we keep telling you: we couldnā€™t be doing any better than we are presently, even if Saban had stayed. Thereā€™s literally nothing to be disappointed about. Now we may end up having a disappointing season this year. But we will cross that bridge when we come to it. But this has literally been the best and smoothest coaching transition conceivable. Like no one could have imagined a better scenario when the GOAT finally stepped down, finding a suitable replacement, and attracting widespread approval and support for the new regime. Find me another coaching change at a program of similar caliber which has been smoother or as smooth as this! Maybe you can point to The U when Coaker replaced Butch Jones. But as good as Miami was then, Butch didnā€™t have as much success as Saban did.
I just think it is going to take some time and the SEC is unforgiving.
Maybe youā€™re right. BUT ā€¦ ONLY time will tell, not premature pessimism. However as I look at our roster now, I believe we are set up nicely for considerable success in DeBoerā€™s first season, especially as I compare us with other contenders. If anything, the next two seasons will be more challenging than this one after we lose another class to the draft and graduation. So again, there are literally zero reasons not to be excited for THIS season. The more I examine the departure of Saban and his last few seasons, the more it looks like he went out of his way to set us up in the best way possible for sustained success after him. And you canā€™t say that for any other coaching legend in history!

But this has literally been the best and smoothest coaching transition conceivable. Like no one could have imagined a better scenario when the GOAT finally stepped down, finding a suitable replacement, and attracting widespread approval and support for the new regime.
I don't know how we can come to this conclusion yet without seeing the results. Not that I doubt Deboer won't be successful here, but I don't think we can call it a smooth transition yet until we see the results on the field.

Find me another coaching change at a program of similar caliber which has been smoother or as smooth as this!
Day taking over for Urban at Ohio State.

but I don't think we can call it a smooth transition yet until we see the results on the field.
You missed the point of my post: thus far. DeBoer might very well fall on his face. Or a meteorite might strike the earth during the month of November ruining our undefeated season. But the question is, what makes one's worries credible or deserving of attention?

Good mention. And I'd say that DeBoer is better positioned to deliver a natty after Saban than Day was/is to deliver after Meyer. Day is entering what, his sixth season? I think DeBoer winning a natty within 6 seasons is very realistic, even though I think we will never again see the degree of success by one coach that Saban earned. That's not a knock on DeBoer, but more a commentary on how the game is changing.

I don't know how we can come to this conclusion yet without seeing the results. Not that I doubt Deboer won't be successful here, but I don't think we can call it a smooth transition yet until we see the results on the field.

Who is Day really having to battle for recruits though? He is struggling to beat Michigan and getting over the hump. With little to no competition in the Big 10, it's a total different situation than being in the SEC. His first year recruiting was rough too.

Good mention. And I'd say that DeBoer is better positioned to deliver a natty after Saban than Day was/is to deliver after Meyer. Day is entering what, his sixth season? I think DeBoer winning a natty within 6 seasons is very realistic, even though I think we will never again see the degree of success by one coach that Saban earned. That's not a knock on DeBoer, but more a commentary on how the game is changing.
I'd wager to say Deboer wins one within three years. There's a lot I think is driving him and a lot that is being overlooked by other SEC fans.

Who is Day really having to battle for recruits though? He is struggling to beat Michigan and getting over the hump. With little to no competition in the Big 10, it's a total different situation than being in the SEC. His first year recruiting was rough too.
Ohio State in general is a lot like Georgia is now, but having decades of taking advantage of their resources and having only one other power (who recently only became good after a long drought) to compete with in conference.

I'd say the transition from Urban to Day has gone smoothly, considering he's made the playoffs and has been to a title. But like at Alabama, Ohio State is a pressure cooker and they expect two things: beating your rival and winning titles. So you're correct that the wheels have fallen off a bit for him. But initially when he took over, I haven't seen much of a drop off from when Urban left.

Day is 2.0 version of Big Game Bob (Stoops) minus the title.

Stoops had Okie in the mix for 20 years.....but only won it all once. I can see Day getting a title and maintaining where he is currently. Always in a bridesmaid, never the bride.

I'd wager to say Deboer wins one within three years. There's a lot I think is driving him and a lot that is being overlooked by other SEC fans.
And it might happen this year. I don't get why people don't see this.

Who had the #1 offense last year? Maybe I am pumping sunshine. But, I'm just watching. And that's offense.

Let's go to Kane, shall we? I'm just watching.

Ya don't.
Time will tell. Hope you are completely correct and I am completely wrong. Yawl act like I am expecting the team to have a losing season but have never said that. Just saying it takes time to get a new system in place and coaches adjusting to the competition. CKD appears to be the right man to follow the GOAT and he definetly came into a great situation. He has won the off season. Now lets see what happens on the field. Time...

Time will tell. Hope you are completely correct and I am completely wrong. Yawl act like I am expecting the team to have a losing season but have never said that. Just saying it takes time to get a new system in place and coaches adjusting to the competition. CKD appears to be the right man to follow the GOAT and he definetly came into a great situation. He has won the off season. Now lets see what happens on the field. Time...
@BamaFan334 When Courtney Morgan walked off the plane.

Mando. I don't know. I am just watching. Tell me where I am wrong.

Back
Top Bottom