| NEWS šŸˆ Fall camp 2022 - Saturday, 20th, Tide holds second scrimmage of the fall

I always double check on several places I've read to ensure this is latest and accurate new before I bring it over to this board. I'm not an insider, i"m not know it all, just somebody who can put 1 and 1 together very well. I don't think it's right to go after someone who just share the information from other place... This is probably why most people dont' like to share stuff.. because of always being attacked....

šŸŽ¼ "Yes, no, maybe, I don't know...can you repeat the question?"

Can you tell me where the lyric is from?

We've seen the WR group have one solid day in the last five scrimmages.

Is this compared to our standard or just in general? Are we saying these guys are gonna struggle against Utah State or are we saying we are just as good as Ohio State's receivers, just not as deep as Alabama teams of the past?

šŸŽ¼ "Yes, no, maybe, I don't know...can you repeat the question?"

Can you tell me where the lyric is from?

We've seen the WR group have one solid day in the last five scrimmages.
I think that's a fair assessment given how they have performed, but the recent performance from this weekend had to work wonders for receivers as it builds their confiedence. They have essentially 4 games to work out some issues at WR... If we still struggling heading into Arkansas.... Then we're in trouble.

Let me say that my friend said that Saban did go off on NIL and that it did sway several recruits to go elsewhere. He didnā€™t give a specific number, just several.

This is where I absolutely hate NIL and where college football is at and where it's going. Programs only want you to give give give, and then when you've given more, they want just a little more. That's bullshit to me. What exactly are we getting for giving more? To keep winning I guess? Is Alabama doing something more or special for those boosters and companies that give to NIL? There has to be something put into place to where conversations like this should never happen. The athletic department needs to start fronting NIL money and getting donations back once a kid performs. In all seriousness, the full ride scholarship is the university putting faith into a recruit, so that should be more of the front loaded money and NIL should come after they've proven themselves. Where else on Earth in our daily lives are we as consumers giving away our money on something we don't have a clue about without receiving anything in return? The stock market and gambling don't count here, more or less talking about products and vehicles we put our money on daily.

Let's use Alfano or Anoma as examples of guys we likely pay a million or so to come to school, and they get their money that first season being on the team and then bolt or get kicked off. How is that worthy of drilling your constituents over and making them feel bad for not giving more? This crap is off the rails stupid.

Let me say that my friend said that Saban did go off on NIL and that it did sway several recruits to go elsewhere. He didnā€™t give a specific number, just several.
Itā€™s still baffling to me the story hasnā€™t been splashed everywhere by now. I would think the anti-Bama press would kill for such a story ā€¦ ā€œSabanā€™s NIL rant costs Bama six recruitsā€. Iā€™m glad it hasnā€™t been picked up by the haters but at a loss for why?

Itā€™s still baffling to me the story hasnā€™t been splashed everywhere by now. I would think the anti-Bama press would kill for such a story ā€¦ ā€œSabanā€™s NIL rant costs Bama six recruitsā€. Iā€™m glad it hasnā€™t been picked up by the haters but at a loss for why?
I think maybe the key here is that someone said ā€œ6 whereas my friend only said that Saban said severalā€. I imagine the number was likely around 2-3.

I think maybe the key here is that someone said ā€œ6 whereas my friend only said that Saban said severalā€. I imagine the number was likely around 2-3.
I think there's some ambiguity in this whole story. Did NIL cost them X number of recruits, or did Coach Saban's rant about NIL cost them the recruits? The earliest versions of this suggests it was NIL itself, not Coach Saban's remarks.

Either way, next man up.

I think there's some ambiguity in this whole story. Did NIL cost them X number of recruits, or did Coach Saban's rant about NIL cost them the recruits? The earliest versions of this suggests it was NIL itself, not Coach Saban's remarks.

Either way, next man up.
I can see Saban being upset about the NIL when he's seen that moneyā€”wrapped in a Bible while the opposing coach was having devotionals with the familyā€”has been used to lure a great in-state prospect.

I can see Saban being upset about the NIL when he's seen that moneyā€”wrapped in a Bible while the opposing coach was having devotionals with the familyā€”has been used to lure a great in-state prospect.

Wow, I would consider that the exact opposite of a devotional and faithful individual using the Bible in a vanity pitch. Is hypocritical the correct term here?

A few things in this presser that caught my attention. I don't believe Marrone was a bad coach. I do believe his heart just wasn't in it...he wants that NFL life, not the college gig.

How Saban phrased the transition to Coach Wolf ...

I'm encouraged by the improvements that we made in the offensive line. We seem to have a little better mentality. I think personality of our their coach has definitely added something to the to the mentality of how we play and what we're doing and how we're doing it. I think the personality of players is certainly something that has been a real positive in terms of how they approach things and what they've tried to do. So I feel more comfortable in the running game that we have. We're able to pass protect a little better. So I've been really pleased with the progress that group has made.

A few things in this presser that caught my attention
Hopefully we'll get into this a little more next weekā€”a look ahead to Utah State.

That was a pretty decent team last season finishing with two wins over P5 teams. They are in what I'd call a rebuild with their receivers. They recorded over 2K rushing, but twice that receiving last season. They're returning their QB.

(I like the matchup because we'll see what Blake Anderson has up his sleeve.)

One of the things pointed out by Coach is they don't have their starters set for the corners. Khyree has missed practices, Ricks has missed a week or more.

They've got options on who we're seeing which leaves me wondering how long we see the position(s) settled. If we had game one tonight we'd be looking at Kool-Aid and Terrion Arnold.

A personal observation.

If you've taken the time to watch/listen to the post scrimmage press conferences there's one thing no one has asked about. The defensive line. Questions about WR's, ILB's, and RB's have been in all three.

It's my impression heading into game week that the strength is found in the depth. There's been a lot of rotation in the three scrimmages.

We're going to see the DL in a lot of nickel and dime sets if we're going by what's been seen this fall. In another "if they're kicking today" we'd be seeing Byron Young and Justin Eboigbe with Tim Smith and Jaheim Oatis rotating in.

It's uncomfortable phrasing this. DJ Dale is "technically" a three by a lot of other teams measures. But here he's not really a twoā€”taking snaps with Byron and Justin a lot is DJ with the 1'sā€”so if you're confused yet, hang on.

Burroughs rotates in but he's not getting as much work as Dale is with those two. So, a 2? Goodwine, Keenan, Payne, and Latham are all getting reps like Burroughs leaving us with four, two's.

Do you see what I mean with the depth comment? We're lookingā€”in their nickel and dime packagesā€”at two "base" defensive linemen. They're running four we can call 1's, and four 2's.

Snap counts will be interesting when we get to week four, week five ...

Back
Top Bottom