| NEWS šŸˆ Fall camp 2022 - Saturday, 20th, Tide holds second scrimmage of the fall

I keep hearing his name pop up, but the one impressing the staff is Prentice
If they gave awards out after scrimmages Prentice would have received one after the scrimmage the Saturday before last. Holden stole the show yesterday with at least three receptions that were 40+ yards a piece (long of 75 or so) while scoring and accruing over 200 yards on the day.

The injuries to JoJo, Anderson, and Harrell have given Prentice his opportunity and he's taken advantage of the chance. As of today he's likely worked his way into the rotation of the top four guys with Brooks, Holden, and Burton.

Over the last 14 hours I've received a bunch of little notes from here and there. All have been highly complimentary of the WR group: there's reason to be optimistic. I remain cautiously optimistic: what's seen in practices and scrimmages doesn't automatically translate to game days. Take Brooks as an example. He's been good in practice but struggled a bit in scrimmagesā€”although he did better yesterday than he did in scrimmage one. Leary is another good example. He's been solid in practice but had a bit of a rough outing yesterday dropping a few catchable balls. We haven't heard a lot from Jones-Bell this fall but he had a nice TD reception working with the two's yesterday.

I liked hearing Saban mention Henderson was getting reps at receiver. I mentioned him back in March when I was looking over the running back room. I really like what I'm hearing about his potential: not only at RB, but also what he can bring in the return game and at receiver. I don't think it's unrealistic to expect head turning plays from the freshman this seasonā€”the ol' "where did he come from" from the talking heads. Kool-Aid and Brooks handle PR yesterday with Anderson and JoJo out...I'd love to see what Henderson would bring to the field. (If we don't see him this season, I expect to next year.)

Now that I'm there...Gibbs and Brooks handled kick off returns yesterday with Leary getting a few reps there as well.

I've been hoping so bad it'd click for him. He is a thicker and slightly shorter Julio size wise. Just great looking guy off the bus. Having a bigger possession receuver would be nice.
It's important to take note of the point he was lining up inside yesterday versus playing outside last season. That's about match-ups, right? Last season he had a hard time getting open playing against corners. Whether he remains inside is left to be seen but there he's against linebackers or he's drawing a safety up in coverage.

He's got the size to play that big receiver outside. Inside, he's freeing up space for whomever is playing that outside role.

It's important to take note of the point he was lining up inside yesterday versus playing outside last season. That's about match-ups, right? Last season he had a hard time getting open playing against corners. Whether he remains inside is left to be seen but there he's against linebackers or he's drawing a safety up in coverage.

He's got the size to play that big receiver outside. Inside, he's freeing up space for whomever is playing that outside role.

I like the idea of him being inside, a lot. Matchups is correct. Having a big guy over the middle and speed on the outside could open up a lot.

Doubt it, like I doubt the rumor.

A scrimmage with reports coming left and right from the REC members and nary a peep on major boards or on other outlets.

IF that happened it would be all over the 'net right now. There were too many fans wanting to be insiders on message outlets for it not to be.
This person is well connected and has already proved to be a reliable one... and others have confirmed his info.... I'm 100 percent sure they're reliable insiders.

So Saban rant on NIL yesterday after the scrimmage did happen. It's not a rumor.

This person is well connected and has already proved to be a reliable one... and others have confirmed his info.... I'm 100 percent sure they're reliable insiders.

So Saban rant on NIL yesterday after the scrimmage did happen. It's not a rumor.
TiderInsider? Nothing. BOL? Nothing. Both sites FULL of REC members and boosters, yet, nothing. Alabama section on Reddit? Nothing. Twitter? Nothing. Tidefans, where you are a member and posting scrimmage thoughts? Nothing. Do you fear getting booted there for sharing a rumor not seen anywhere else?

All I'm saying is this. If it happened, in today's age, we'd have heard about it yesterday. Bama fans, and specifically a lot of boosters, can't help themselves but talk. Losing six recruits and you don't think it would be everywhere?

I'm seeing a rumor and nothing, anywhere, to support your story. I'm not saying you didn't hear this. I'm saying no one else has.

What's the news on the offensive line? Is the depth chart set?
I don't believe the depth chart is set. Randolph was with the 1's yesterday and has been this fall. Cohen, with his time off this summer, will have to work his way back. I would expect to see him starting by game three, four at the latest.

If you have seen the presser Saban mentions Seth being out. Dalcourt's had a great off-season and with his experience ... Seth has done a great job with his time at the end of last season going through this summer. Being hurt, now, certainly gives Dalcourt a chance to grab that starting job.

TiderInsider? Nothing. BOL? Nothing. Both sites FULL of REC members and boosters, yet, nothing. Alabama section on Reddit? Nothing. Twitter? Nothing. Tidefans, where you are a member and posting scrimmage thoughts? Nothing. Do you fear getting booted there for sharing a rumor not seen anywhere else?

All I'm saying is this. If it happened, in today's age, we'd have heard about it yesterday. Bama fans, and specifically a lot of boosters, can't help themselves but talk. Losing six recruits and you don't think it would be everywhere?

I'm seeing a rumor and nothing, anywhere, to support your story. I'm not saying you didn't hear this. I'm saying no one else has.
Dude I'm not going back and forth on this with you.

Not backing down from this.

Just spoke with a REC member out of Montgomery and he said that it was indeed true. I have known this guy for the better part of my 51 years, my dad taught him in school and we have met up for this scrimmage since Coach Saban started allowing REC members and lettermen to come down for an otherwise ā€œclosedā€ scrimmage. I didnā€™t make it down this year due to a prior commitment.

Let me say that my friend said that Saban did go off on NIL and that it did sway several recruits to go elsewhere. He didnā€™t give a specific number, just several.

Back
Top Bottom