| FTBL Everywhere I look today I see people talking about the 5th anniversary of the SEC Network. I've been pleased, have you?

18Champs

I would guess about 3 of every 10 tweets I've seen this morning are about the SECN. It really shows how strong the conference is to remain the largest conference network as far as TV's and households.

Sometimes they make me long for Jefferson Pilot. But overall I suppose we're all happy to have the entire SEC content in football. And I guess we all remember having to pay for that one Bama game every year on PPV.

Outside of games, SEC Storied is the only thing I watch on there but its fine overall. I like that it gives a platform for sports that wouldn't get the attention otherwise, even if I dont watch it personally.

Sometimes they make me long for Jefferson Pilot. But overall I suppose we're all happy to have the entire SEC content in football. And I guess we all remember having to pay for that one Bama game every year on PPV.

Why? They pretty much took everyone that was the Jefferson Pilot broadcasts lol

I've thoroughly enjoyed the SECN. And it's not football related in its roots. I've watched more baseball, softball, et. al. over the last five years than I ever thought I'd be able to without living in Tuscaloosa.

Now, the biggest memory I have about their launch? Fans and the media's overractions. NO! you might say ... but yep, and in spades.

The first game was A&M vs UoSC where we saw the Aggies blow out the 'Cocks on their home field. Do you remember what we were hearing? Not only was it A&M national title contenders but we were also force fed "Hill for Heisman."

I can remember yelling hold on!!! It's just one game!

And we ended up seeing what A&M has been known for the last five years as well .... collapsing in crunch time.

Back
Top Bottom