| RECRUIT I've seen a lot doubt the stories they've heard about Kirby and what he's been doing in recruiting since he went to Georgia. Here's more proof, aTm

18Champs

I've even seen some try to defend Kirby when he took pictures of the recruiting boards to use against Bama on the recruiting trail. I've seen people question whether he was involved with Mo Smith's story. Now, even though there's a lot of people talking about how he's been lying to recruits, there are still some that don't buy it. I don't understand why especially when we've read reports from the Tuscaloosa News about him stealing work material.

Now, with Fields and others leaving, we're seeing Kirby reap what he has sown. His lies are catching up with him.

The latest episode is Jimbo Fisher calling out Kirby for lying to recruits. Is this enough to finally convince people he's not the same person today as he was five years ago?
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Jimbo Fisher takes shots at Georgia after attempts to lure QB away from Texas A&M's historic signing class

Fisher took a few verbal jabs at Georgia, which tried to flip A&M quarterback signee Zach Calzada before the 72-hour signing period opened Wednesday. As Fisher insinuated Georgia tried to sway Calzada with false information, the A&M coach made another subtle point -- he's willing to battle any program in order to build a title contender.

If Fisher didn't make that point by signing all but three players committed to the No. 3 class in the country, it became obvious as he described the situation involving Georgia and Calzada.

"Some of it is gamesmanship," Fisher told reporters. "Some of it is unnecessary and ridiculous because it is trying to trick a kid. I think you ought to give them the information so they can get their future set."

"I'm not a dog-and-pony recruiter," Fisher said. "I'm not a circus act when we recruit."
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here are two more articles from the Georgia side of things that don't deny, just deflect.

WATCH: Kirby Smart's Georgia recruiting scramble included slip, angered Jimbo Fisher
Jimbo Fisher Takes Shots At Kirby Smart and Georgia During Early Signing Period

Is this enough to finally convince people he's not the same person today as he was five years ago?
Just to emphasize a point here, "five years ago" is pretty spot on when it comes to a date. The amount of attention Lane received when he came to Tuscaloosa did a number on Kirby's head and that all started around four years ago.

If you listened to his press conference after the SEC CG, you heard a desperate man. He’s out to win regardless of the bridges / friendships he has to burn.

In the 2018 class six of the top ten within the state of Georgia signed with UGA, nine of the top 20. 12 of the top 20 signed with UGA in 2017 and in 2016 seven of the top 20. Over that last two year period we've seen half of the top 40 commit to UGA.

Now we're into 2019's class and they've signed three of the top 20 while Bama, AU, and others have equal numbers. @planomateo pointed out yesterday that Kirby had signed several #1 players from out of state.

Can you see the shift from the local, state-grown talent to a more national setting? It's easy to see for the high school coaches in Georgia. When there's already talk of a group of them being upset about things said on the recruiting trail versus what actually happens with their former players...when the coach starts moving away from what's sustained that program (UGA) for years?

Bridges ...

Let's hope that Fields and a few others get the word out. He never was a personal favorite of mine when he was coaching here so it's not hard to dislike him now. But if he's shooting the bull, big time, there is going to be others who leave and tell their story on the way out. Whoever you are comes out in time.

Yeah.... @94 Grad hit it...its cut throat....I remember when Pruitt went to fsu....how the bama fans were out raged...he started recruiting the same players for fsu that he had been in contact with at bama...
Its the business.... kirby is good at it..he is stocking UGA up....
There is no let up...top3 classes..build championships... and in secE....free run to sec Championship game..unless Florida builds back.. and he is relatively young....
....story to be continued.....

He is the same “recruiter” now with UGa that he was with us... it’s a cut throat business and he’s always been good at it...
True, it's a cut throat business. But, he's certainly not the same recruiter, or person, he was five years ago.

From a NCAA rules standpoint there certainly nothing wrong with telling a recruit "we'll use you as a freshman and we'll develop a set of offensive schemes to feature your talents." However, in the same breath, you have to ask "is there anything wrong with lying to recruits" with the same message?

A a counterpoint, I'll leave this one with you. When have we seen a recruit, recruited by Kirby when he was hear, being told anything close to that pitch? We've seen, countless times, kids being told they can come in and compete. We've never seen one promised a role on the recruiting trail. And yet, we've seen instances of the same, twice, within the last two months with kids leaving UGA just because of that very thing. We've also seen Kirby continue these promises with Webb.

And now we see Jimbo calling out Kirby because of the things he told his QB commitment that weren't true.

How does that fit with being the same? Are you suggesting Kirby was promising kids things when he was in Tuscaloosa? Promises, that in the end, were down right lies?

He is the same “recruiter” now with UGa that he was with us... it’s a cut throat business and he’s always been good at it...
True, it's a cut throat business. But, he's certainly not the same recruiter, or person, he was five years ago.

From a NCAA rules standpoint there certainly nothing wrong with telling a recruit "we'll use you as a freshman and we'll develop a set of offensive schemes to feature your talents." However, in the same breath, you have to ask "is there anything wrong with lying to recruits" with the same message?

A a counterpoint, I'll leave this one with you. When have we seen a recruit, recruited by Kirby when he was hear, being told anything close to that pitch? We've seen, countless times, kids being told they can come in and compete. We've never seen one promised a role on the recruiting trail. And yet, we've seen instances of the same, twice, within the last two months with kids leaving UGA just because of that very thing. We've also seen Kirby continue these promises with Webb.

And now we see Jimbo calling out Kirby because of the things he told his QB commitment that weren't true.

How does that fit with being the same? Are you suggesting Kirby was promising kids things when he was in Tuscaloosa? Promises, that in the end, were down right lies?
Kirby wasn’t the head coach at Bama... those were not promised he could make here.

My point is, his “character” didn’t change since leaving for UGA. A leopard can’t change his spots...

Kirby wasn’t the head coach at Bama... those were not promised he could make here.

My point is, his “character” didn’t change since leaving for UGA. A leopard can’t change his spots...

I see it the same way as former players who implode after leaving the University. They are conditioned, and required, to act differently when working within the confines of Bama's system. Once they leave, some forget the lessons.

Kirby has 41 people working under him at UGA. He took the model and the UGA Admin allowed the cost. The old President of UGA didn't allow Mark Richt that money. Hell they didn't have an indoor facility. The question is can Kirby manage a staff after some of his better coaches move on and can he keep the dawgs at the top when the expectations will demand him do so. We'll see.

Football Coaches - University of Georgia Athletics

I said it in the other thread, Kirby has been on his soap box for a while now. The promises aren’t working out now and the messages are starting to sour. Can’t promise the championship forever and never deliver

I agree with @TerryP , Flowbee cut changed when Kiffin came to town and once he got the UGA job, he didn’t have to follow the rules set down by Saban. We have read countless times where recruits have said that UA coaches were the only ones that DIDN’T mention other schools.
Once Flowbee was on his own, he made his own rules. I for one, hope that his bullshit continues to blow up in his face with at least 3-4 top notch recruits each class. I hope the little shit continues to have nightmares about 2nd&26 and 4th&11am for years to come.

We knew about Ford on here thanks to @TUSKtimes , but Kirbs having trouble keeping his team together.

"In addition to Fields likely leaving the program, tight end Luke Ford remains missing after entering his name into the NCAA transfer portal.

Smart also announced on Wednesday that troubled defensive back Deangelo Gibbs is off the team. The separation is indefinite, apparently, as Smart refused to clarify if there was an opportunity for Gibbs to return."

Gibbs was a solid recruit out of Grayson. Another guy he recruited at Alabama, but ultimately signed with Georgia.

Most of my info comes via the inter-web-net, so you know it is all true.

Kirby has definitely benefited from a perfect situation. He tutored under Saban and has implemented his philosophy better than any coach in recent memory that has left to become a head coach. Couple that with falling into a talent rich state that is loaded with blue-chip talent makes for a perfect situation. Kirby has only been the HC for 3 years. I think he will eventually deliver on his promise of a championship. whether that is post-Saban era, remains to be seen. @Brandon Van de Graaff made any interesting point that I tend to agree with. He thinks that Kirby and UGA are a formidable challenge for King Saban and that Saban likes/enjoys that kind competitiveness. May be enough to make him want to stay around a little longer because of the competition. Knowing Saban's mentality/personality, I could see that being the case.

Either way, unless Kirby burns bridges and can't keep all the stud talent in house, I tend to lean the direction that he is in a prime set up to become the hated team in the SEC, once Saban and our rein comes to a close.

Kirby can ride the wave of what has happened at UGA for the last 2 years and do well enough for 2-4 more years. He is going to be there for a while. I don't blame the guy for pushing the envelope of ethics with recruiting given the formidable nature of Coach Saban's recruiting abilities. He has to do something doesn't he?----may be his though process... i dunno.

He will keep UGA's defense playing at a high level which, alone, will win the east more times than not given the competition on that side. We should get used to playing UGA.

We should get used to playing UGA.

This+

If Bama runs a string of about 5 wins in a row over Kirby the heat will turn up on him by their fan base. If Saban is not around Kirby probably already has one championship and could be playing for another.

Teams come up and go down as the initial wave of promises and hope of beating Bama fades. Then they look for the next Saban assistant they think might be the next coming. The problem is as I found out living through the post Bear days they do not exist. Others can be good but they will not do what the Bear and Saban have done. There is a reason there is only a few of them in the history of the sport.

Back
Top Bottom