| RECRUIT I've seen a lot doubt the stories they've heard about Kirby and what he's been doing in recruiting since he went to Georgia. Here's more proof, aTm

Kirby will succeed at uga..... no doubt...like him or hate him....he will...
He will field the teams with the best players....he will attract the best assistants...
If Fulmer, Urban, Miles can win...kirby can also...... wont be Nick sucess...
But for a program...with the instate talent available.... UGA is one of the great under achievers in SEC CF...( lsu the other).... 1980 was a long time ago....

Well Bama is already on a 5 game win streak against UGA with Kirby only having to account for his 2 L's. Mullen and Pruitt need to get their act together and challenge the Pup's in the East. I believe 10RC and UF are headed in the right direction with Mullen having a better roster of talent than JP has as of today. LSU and A&M are going to get better and better so The West is going to be a battle.

Anybody who thinks Kirby hasn't undergone some changes you need to consider, he went from working for the man to being the man. The burden of responsibility weighs on a person. How they respond to it differs by individual but it will change you regardless.

Well Bama is already on a 5 game win streak against UGA

Yeah my mention of this was specifically with regards to Kirby. He is the one that has gotten their hopes up that they can beat Bama and if he cannot deliver they will come crashing down and start putting heat on him.

It is interesting that all these coaches that have hopes of competing with Bama came from Saban's coaching tree (except Mullen). He competed with each of them during the coaches basketball pickup games. All of these guys are competitive but none more than the man himself. This will keep coach Saban from getting bored. Good for us Bama fans.

Last edited:
dkdkd
We should get used to playing UGA.

This+

If Bama runs a string of about 5 wins in a row over Kirby the heat will turn up on him by their fan base. If Saban is not around Kirby probably already has one championship and could be playing for another.

Teams come up and go down as the initial wave of promises and hope of beating Bama fades. Then they look for the next Saban assistant they think might be the next coming. The problem is as I found out living through the post Bear days they do not exist. Others can be good but they will not do what the Bear and Saban have done. There is a reason there is only a few of them in the history of the sport.

If Saban wasn't around, Mark Richt would have a NC and would still be at UGA.

Well Bama is already on a 5 game win streak against UGA with Kirby only having to account for his 2 L's. Mullen and Pruitt need to get their act together and challenge the Pup's in the East. I believe 10RC and UF are headed in the right direction with Mullen having a better roster of talent than JP has as of today. LSU and A&M are going to get better and better so The West is going to be a battle.

agree

i think the sec is going to start getting back to where it was 6-7 years ago. it's gonna start being the most dominant conference, again. and i'm not saying it's not, right now. it's just that it's not NEAR as dominant as it was those few years ago.....the ones where the SEC won the national championship from 2006 to 2012. seven years in a row for a conference is pretty damn impressive and pretty damn dominating.

to be honest, i'd like for the conference to get back to being like that.

except for auburn...f*ck that cow college :cool:

Kirby would have 1 if not 2 nat champs if it wasn't for Saban. He is good at what he does and is well trained. If/when Saban retires, Kirby will have the edge over Dabo when mama calls. At least for a time.

CNS could drop everything right now and retire tonight and i would have nothing but love for him and what he has done. My wife says..."why do you watch these blowout games?" I tell her. "because i remember when we seriously had trouble beating Kentucky, and Vandy exc, under Shula, Dubose, Fran, ...Im soaking up every min of this run..... Saban has done so much for Alabama football, it hasn't always been this way....and it wont always be this way."

Kirby would have 1 if not 2 nat champs if it wasn't for Saban. He is good at what he does and is well trained. If/when Saban retires, Kirby will have the edge over Dabo when mama calls. At least for a time.

CNS could drop everything right now and retire tonight and i would have nothing but love for him and what he has done. My wife says..."why do you watch these blowout games?" I tell her. "because i remember when we seriously had trouble beating Kentucky, and Vandy exc, under Shula, Dubose, Fran, ...Im soaking up every min of this run..... Saban has done so much for Alabama football, it hasn't always been this way....and it wont always be this way."

Kirby's mama already called. He's a UGA guy. If Alabama calls, he would only go for the paycheck. If it's a paycheck job, I don't want him.

I
Kirby's mama already called. He's a UGA guy. If Alabama calls, he would only go for the paycheck. If it's a paycheck job, I don't want him.

Agreed. From what @TerryP said, Kirby wanted the job at USCe until UGA made the move to hire him. Kirby had been politicking for the USCe job as early as 2 years before Spurrier quit. His goal was to go there (or somewhere) and prove he can coach, then when Saban retired, be the first option that Bama would want.

UGA took a gamble because they didn't want one of their own going to a rival east school and lighting them up.

Last edited by a moderator:

You can same the same thing for Mark Richt at this time in his coaching, especially 2012. If not for Bama how many NCs would Dabo have by now? Kirby's been to one playoff and Dabo has made it 4 in a row.

Truth is, lots of head coaches would have a NC if not for Bama.

Truth is, lots of head coaches would have a NC if not for Bama.
When you say lots... you mean 5 or less, maybe 6 or less... at least in the current era. ;)
It would be easier to count the number of coaches that have prevented Saban from winning more. Although, now that I think about that, it's probably about the same number: five or less, maybe six or less. Ol Gus gets the nod twice.

When you say lots... you mean 5 or less, maybe 6 or less... at least in the current era. ;)

I mean, in the big picture of things, Bama has broken a lot more hearts than Kirby's and the dawg fans. Even though the last 2 seasons have been glorious. Dabo has been the biggest loser at this point. He could be hanging around Urban Meyer territory if not for getting measured by the Tide.

I mean, in the big picture of things, Bama has broken a lot more hearts than Kirby's and the dawg fans. Even though the last 2 seasons have been glorious. Dabo has been the biggest loser at this point. He could be hanging around Urban Meyer territory if not for getting measured by the Tide.
I was just being sarcastic... I understood your point. ;)

Back
Top Bottom