| RECRUIT Early National Signing Day starts Wednesday, December 19th.

I believe that every major recruiting site has us as the number 1 class in the country again. We aren't going anywhere. All of the sky is falling people this morning after we swapped out safeties was ridiculous. Listen I know at some point our dynasty is going to end or at least slow down but the hysteria is a little ridiculous.

I say it every year but.. I trust in Saban. He has a plan, he works very hard and he hires great people around him. When our dynasty ends/slows down I will be so thankful for having been able to live thru this after having to live thru the "Mikes"

There is a thread on 247 (behind the wall (no the wall Trump can't build) saying Bama might get one more today. We'll see.

I believe that every major recruiting site has us as the number 1 class in the country again. We aren't going anywhere. All of the sky is falling people this morning after we swapped out safeties was ridiculous. Listen I know at some point our dynasty is going to end or at least slow down but the hysteria is a little ridiculous.

I say it every year but.. I trust in Saban. He has a plan, he works very hard and he hires great people around him. When our dynasty ends/slows down I will be so thankful for having been able to live thru this after having to live thru the "Mikes"

I don't even follow recruiting anymore. Doesn't seem to be any point. I check in here every once in a while to get a general sense of how we're doing, but the names don't mean anything to me. I had to look up Trey Sanders today. I had no idea what position he played. Lol. And I don't really care. Whatever players we get will be wearing rings in a year or two as long as Saban is in charge. That much I know.

I don't even follow recruiting anymore. Doesn't seem to be any point. I check in here every once in a while to get a general sense of how we're doing, but the names don't mean anything to me. I had to look up Trey Sanders today. I had no idea what position he played. Lol. And I don't really care. Whatever players we get will be wearing rings in a year or two as long as Saban is in charge. That much I know.

Nick is looking for those talented players and their parents that will buy into his process of coming and working hard for playing time and not so much for those that are looking a playing time just as soon as they get off the bus. He will roll the dice on a player or two in each cycle but for the most part he is looking for great talent and character.

Roll Tide

Kirby is 0 for 2 vs The King and UGA is 0-5 vs The King since 2008. These are the facts and they are documented.

Saw this from a poster on the Rant

Andrew Bone said they were in on his stream ........Not sure what that means but several poster on 247 have been asking for confirmation on both Neal and Sanders without a answer as of 5 minutes ago.

We’re not about to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, are we?

saw this..

They released a sheet that stated as of 4:00 PM, they have not sent in their LOI's. Starting to get a little ansy.

It was a great day guys, but face it, it could have been better.

aCk7TvMi-594x464.jpg

A friend of mine sent this to me. Made some good points.

Hey Wayne, last year on this day UGA celebrated signing the # 1 class. It was on PAPER and it is fun and maybe Rivals and others recruiting sites send the school a trophy ... doubt it goes in the case with the Crystal Ball.

ONE year later it appears their # 1 recruit Fields is leaving, their # 4 recruit missed the season with a torn ACL and another top 12 player .. TE Ford is also rumored to be leaving .... guessing others do not pan out. I don't follow UGA enough to know who has panned out.

What happens today is the start of a long journey .... rarely does anyone do a story about how the class turned out on the FIELD.
A look back at our 2016 Class...

By May 1 we will watch Q Williams become a top 10 NFL pick but was rated as a bottom 10 pick in our class .. he was not good enough to see the field year one. That same recruiting year we signed in our top 10 (ESPN Grades)

Ben Davis our highest rated recruit # 1 ILB Nationally
BJ Emmons # 3 rated for us # 1 RB Nationally
Nigel Knott # 5 rated for us # 5 Corner Nationally
Chris Owens # 8 rated for us # 3 OG
Charles Baldwin # 9 rated for us # 1 OT JC.

Out of our 10 highest ranked recruits 5 will not have much if any impact against OU. The 5 others in the top 10 J. Williams, Wilson, Carter, Hall and Diggs.

Players signed outside of the top 10

Deonte Brown, Scott Lashley, R Davis, Our bottom 10 --- Q Qilliams, J Mayden, Irv Smith, Jalen Hurts, J Jacobs, Forristall, Jennings. 7 of the bottom 10 pretty good group.

Not sure about you but I would take our BOTTOM 10 over our TOP 10. Make it double if I am their NFL agent.
Based on ESPN rankings .... Rivals may be a little different.

It highlights two things about coach Saban that makes this engine run. He doesn't miss on many football players and he will develop talent and depth throughout the roster. A lot of the other stuff we hear about on signing day is just window dressing.

Back
Top Bottom