| FTBL Dust under the rug

Not only will USC take a hit if anything comes from all of this, the NFL is going to take another hit as well. They've hitched their wagon to Bush and made him one of the league poster boys just like they've done previously with players like Michael Vick.

If anything major comes out of this it won't be good for the NFL. It's all a big IF though. I wouldn't be shocked and sawed if the whole thing turned into a big to do about nothing.

Porkchop, seeing how this incident is worse than what happened @ Bama. I hope they will get at least the same punishment as we got.

Bamaman37 said:
ghice said:
Bamaman37 said:
ghice said:
Porkchop, seeing how this incident is worse than what happened @ Bama. I hope they will get at least the same punishment as we got.

No way that will happen, IMO. :roll:

That's why I said "HOPE" :D

I know, but I'm in a real pessimistic mood today. :D

Cheer up your a Bama fan, at least you aren't a barner! :lol:

I'm not sure at this point.

At first I thought that the settlement w/ the agents at New Era were compensated to shut-up & not snitch on Bush & USC. Now it seems clear (based on the reporting) that they were paid b/c Bush went w/ another agent besides them & paid them as a breach of contract perhaps.

If that is the case the agents can still talk to the NCAA w/o any major fear of USC or Bush. I truly hope this is the case b/c this case has always stunk like...

HOWEVER, the issue that I'm most pessimistic, much like 37, is that the NCAA will have damning facts & USC will get a slap on the wrist..at best. ;pu

Crimson&WhiteGecko said:

At first I thought that the settlement w/ the agents at New Era were compensated to shut-up & not snitch on Bush & USC. Now it seems clear (based on the reporting) that they were paid b/c Bush went w/ another agent besides them & paid them as a breach of contract perhaps.

If that is the case the agents can still talk to the NCAA w/o any major fear of USC or Bush. I truly hope this is the case b/c this case has always stunk like...

HOWEVER, the issue that I'm most pessimistic, much like 37, is that the NCAA will have damning facts & USC will get a slap on the wrist..at best. ;pu

...like Oklahoma.

Bones82 said:
Crimson&WhiteGecko said:

...like Oklahoma.

But all parties participated in the Oklahoma fiasco investigation, I'm not so sure in this case :?

ghice said:
Bones82 said:
Crimson&WhiteGecko said:

...like Oklahoma.

But all parties participated in the Oklahoma fiasco investigation, I'm not so sure in this case :?

Yup, Oklahoma did report self violations which brings us to the question.

Why hasn't USC even formally announced that they are doing an internal investigation about this issue? Not even doing their own investigation is stupid on two counts:

(1) They need to know what really happened in order to self-report to minimize sanctions

(2) Or they need top know what happened or accused of in order to defend any issue.

I wonder if USC is that arrogant about their pedestal that they aren't worried at all. :o

excuse me of my ignorance but wasn't the reason the NCAA come down on us so hard was because we didn't report the incident or cooperate or something?

ghice said:
excuse me of my ignorance but wasn't the reason the NCAA come down on us so hard was because we didn't report the incident or cooperate or something?

It was due to multiple violations but ultimately the penalties were due to "lack of instituional control" but I do remember the Director of the NCAA at the time Yeager (not sure if he is still there now) made the comment to the effect that if we hadn't cooperated w/ them on the last infraction we would have received the death penalty.

Wiseace615 said:
BigAl said:
Bamaman37 said:
ghice said:

No way that will happen, IMO. :roll:

USC is the ND of today they cant do no wrong in the NCAAs eyes.

On that note:

Click Here! :twisted:

The most frequent interruptions came from Lou Holtz, a former coach and ESPN commentator, who stopped the press conference multiple times to claim that he “thought he thaw a tweetybird.”

I love gump for heisman :D :lol:

Unless there's a smoking gun laying around or Bush wanted to rat out the University, the NCAA will have a tough time proving that USC knew anything about the relationship, Without proof it looks as if the only wrongdoer was Bush, meaning they would have no grounds to punish USC.

The fact that USC declined to attend the meeting indicates to me that they had no knowledge of the illegal activity. If they knew something and it could be proved, they'd already be falling all over themselves with proposed self-sanctions.

Nah, we can wish all we want, but for now somebody is just gonna have to consistently take USC down between the lines to knock them off of their pedestal.

Back
Top Bottom