| FTBL Do you think Mike Shula is the guy...

Do you think Mike Shula is the guy to lead Bama to a Conference and National Championship?

• Total voters
DirtyDave said:
It worked and we ended up playing much better, and coach was happier until we sat down and watched the tape on Monday.

It is funny how stuff like that works on your brain. The thing I remember most was he was almost always the last one in at the half. I couldn't think of a single time ever when he was the first.

I guess it is the little things that shake you up the hardest. :shock:

dscyoung said:
Unbelievably devoid of substance. Bama fans expect blood from a turnip. I expected a down week after the emotion of the last two weeks. Sure they are struggling but all the things that we wanted to see are there. Especially in the passing game. Bama plays DOWN to competition and they have always done that. That's how Ole Miss nearly won last year. Answer to the problems on the field: EXECUTION and PENALTIES. Every drive was potentially a scoring one but was stalled by penalties. McClain had 4 I think.

This team went out looking for a beat down and got sloppy!!! Thats what young teams do.

Yall complain about the play calling, then the playbook is opened up and you complain about something else. I'm ok with my football team because they won last night. I have some issues with execution and I attribute that to the youth. Some assistants may need to go at the end of the season but that is routine. OL and DL is struggling. DL especially last night. The D pitched a shutout in the second half and Darby got moving. As a coach I would love to work on this staff. They are talented and they have made chicken salad out of chicken crap.

Things also came together for Duke last night. That happens now and again. Like Air Force at Tennessee, UC at UGA, Akron at NC State, Cincinnati at OSU. If the tide football team and coaching staff had the collective attitude (or football knowledge) of many on this board, they would never win BUT would make one hell of a puddle on the ground every Sunday morning.

Hear, hear! Great post.

I figure everyone that thinks they know more than CMS can find his office phone number at rolltide.com and give him a call. I'm sure he'll welcome the input.

Do y'all seriously think that, if Bama doesn't win a national championship next season, Shula's an abject failure? Do you realize what it take to make it to the BCS Championship Game? All the pieces that have to fall into place? We do CMS a great disservice in thinking that he should win like Coach Bryant. NOBODY won like Coach Bryant. But then, some people would gripe if you hung 'em with a new rope.

Back
Top Bottom