| FTBL Derrick Thomas Clip

I haven't seen this posted on this site but it could have been a while back. Man DT was the MAN!! We have 5 sacks this year in 5 gimes (if my memory serves me right). If you look at one of the other clips to the right, it has highlights from the 1988 Bowl game against TA&M. I think DT had 5 sacks in that game. He may have been the best LB ever in college football. I love to watch him find and hit the holes in the line or just bull rush his man until he gets to the QB. This video brings back some excitement and some sweet memories. Seeing the old Bama D reminds me of Saban's D at LSU in 2004. They brought the whole family on every other play. I can't wait til we get the blitzing D back in T-Town. What about you guys.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PiIl7O4IB40

I hope this link posts correctly. If not, copy and paste.

If I remember right, DT's debut was rather inauspicious. He came into a game in relief of . . . someone(?) and was flagged with two consecutive pass interference penalties. Someone might have a better rememberer than I do, but I think that's what happened. May have been a slow start, but he learned his craft quickly.

WOW! That brings back some fond memories for sure.

Next time someone posts a "Greatest Bama Linebacker" poll, I'm gonna post a lnk to this video. The man was unreal.

Thanks for the great link.

CrimsonPirate said:
If I remember right, DT's debut was rather inauspicious. He came into a game in relief of . . . someone(?) and was flagged with two consecutive pass interference penalties. Someone might have a better rememberer than I do, but I think that's what happened. May have been a slow start, but he learned his craft quickly.

I think it was Biscuit he came in for.

Bama Bo said:
CrimsonPirate said:

I think it was Biscuit he came in for.

I think you're right.

It was against Ohio St. It was called the Kick-Off Classic. 16-10 was the end with Bama winning. But the thing about the two pass interference penalties.
It use to be a spot foul. But it was change to a 15 yards that year(1986)

Back
Top Bottom