| FTBL depth chart...

TerryP

Staff
*** Mike Johnson will probably be the first reserve tackle in an injury/emergency situation.

*** DEPTH CHART (a slash denotes two players bracketed together)

OFFENSE
LT - Andre Smith, Tyler Love/Barrett Jones
LG - Mike Johnson, Brian Motley
C - Antoine Caldwell, Evan Cardwell/William Vlachos
RG - Marlon Davis, David Ross
RT - Drew Davis, John Michael Boswell/Taylor Pharr
TE - Travis McCall, Nick Walker, Chris Underwood
FB - Baron Huber, Jeramie Griffin
WR - Marquis Maze, BJ Scott
WR - Julio Jones, Earl Alexander, Chris Jackson, Brandon Gibson
WR - Mike McCoy, Marquis Maze/Nikita Stover
Slot WR - Mike McCoy, BJ Scott, Darius Hanks
QB - John Parker Wilson, Greg McElroy, Star Jackson/Thomas Darrah
RB - Glen Coffee, Mark Ingram/Terry Grant
K - Leigh Tiffin, Corey Smith

DEFENSE
DE - Brandon Deaderick, Luther Davis/Marcel Dareus
NG - Terrence Cody, Josh Chapman
DE - Bobby Greenwood, Lorenzo Washington
WLB - Donta Hightower, Chris Jordan
MLB - Rolando McClain, Charlie Higgenbotham
SLB - Cory Reamer, Chavis Williams/Jerrell Harris
JLB - Brandon Fanney, Eryk Anders, Courtney Upshaw
CB - Kareem Jackson, Chris Rogers/Robby Green
CB - Javier Arenas, Marquis Johnson
S - Justin Woodall, Mark Barron
S - Rashad Johnson, Ali Sharrief/Tyrone King
P - P.J. Fitzgerald, Heath Thomas

No real surprises from all the guess work from the info you have been feeding us....but I was a bit surprised not to see Maze's name not listed at slot......guess his speed is more suited to the outside.

Also looking at LT position.

I know Tyler Love is a heck of a player.....but I figured Jones to be one as well. Also I know this is pure speculation, but I wonder if Jones will move around in the future (soph,JR) to get in the starting rotation as a lineman?

rammerjammer said:
No real surprises from all the guess work from the info you have been feeding us....but I was a bit surprised not to see Maze's name not listed at slot......guess his speed is more suited to the outside.

Also looking at LT position.

I know Tyler Love is a heck of a player.....but I figured Jones to be one as well. Also I know this is pure speculation, but I wonder if Jones will move around in the future (soph,JR) to get in the starting rotation as a lineman?

If memory serves we have considered Barret Jones as a center of the future.

Nick Walker got beat out by McCall? That's surprising to me even though Saban has been impressed with McCall during the summer. How good or bad of a receiver is McCall? Yes I understand TEs block too. :)

and Upchurch? There are several ommissions that I'm curious about. Lawrence, and a few others.

So I guess Stover isn't going to be used much, if he's sharing time in the 2nd string spot, huh?

ChappelleRickJames.gif

TideAlum05 said:
Nick Walker got beat out by McCall? That's surprising to me even though Saban has been impressed with McCall during the summer. How good or bad of a receiver is McCall? Yes I understand TEs block too. :)

The TE's are basically in 2 different groups, TE and H-Back, but all grouped together on this chart. McCall will be #1 at H-Back.

Mark Ingram/Terry Grant...slashes mean "bracketed together" (i.e. pretty much tied for that spot???)

Wow, if that's the case.

I'm not freaking about this list just yet...I imagine with all the rotations in and out we'll see most of the names above.

The position I see that was upgraded the most??? Kick/punt coverage.

A lot of these incoming speed guys may only be two deep at positions, but their athleticism is going to pay great dividends on special teams.

Back
Top Bottom