| FTBL Defensive Graphic

If I learned anything in statistics its that correlation does not equal causation. There is an issue though and IMO a change needs to be made which I've said a few times. I don't believe it is a singular issue. I do believe that if Saban thought the issue(s) could be fixed simply by a plug-n-play changing of the coordinators, then he'd have done it after last season.

I think with what we had proven coming back, it was his way of needing to know if Golding could do it. We have guys at each level that can play anywhere in the country. He has failed, so now we move on. I say this because even Saban admitted to a rebuilding year after what we had 2020, so I think it bought Golding this year. We've seen how he handled it, and with that Saban will answer a lot of questions and concerns about his abilities this offseason with his coordinators.

I’ve been one of PG’s biggest supporters, but I believe we’ve gotten all we can out of him being the DC, but everybody knows Saban runs everything and it’s his defense and like Brandon said unless or until Saban accepts the idea of tweaking his scheme (like with the offense) we’re going to be seeing the same thing over and over and we’ll be talking about the piss poor DC every year.

I think with what we had proven coming back, it was his way of needing to know if Golding could do it. We have guys at each level that can play anywhere in the country. He has failed, so now we move on. I say this because even Saban admitted to a rebuilding year after what we had 2020, so I think it bought Golding this year. We've seen how he handled it, and with that Saban will answer a lot of questions and concerns about his abilities this offseason with his coordinators.

I think you hit the nerve of the entire 2022 season.

Back
Top Bottom