| FTBL Couple of Q's

imalive1459 said:
1. Do the CFB announcers seem to be getting even less intelligent?

2. Was I the only one who saw LSU get a fire lit under their rear when that Barner took out Dorsey?

3. Roll Tide!

1. Yes

2. No

3. All the way!!!!

imalive1459 said:
1. Do the CFB announcers seem to be getting even less intelligent?

2. Was I the only one who saw LSU get a fire lit under their rear when that Barner took out Dorsey?

3. Roll Tide!

Just my personal thoughts to the questions.

1) They will hire ANYONE these days. I'm in the sports jounalism/broadcasting field and I feel I can speak on this. They want someone who knows enough to get by...and that's it. They want "eye candy" if they can find it (IE...Erin Andrews) and they want "goofy" guys in the booth to keep the corny humor at a high point.

The sideline guy for Lincoln Financial, Dave Baker, always looks so happy to still have a job it's not even funny. He reminds me of that 10 year old boy whos mommy let him go to the game! LOL!

The days of Keith Jackson in his prime are over.

2) I noticed this too. I also think it was just time to do something. AUB is getting better and I'll give them credit. They exposed LSU alot and made the LSU pass defense look very "empty" at times. When Cox had time...he was good. I hope that is a great sign for John Parker in 2 weeks

3) ROLL TIDE! LOL!

~Bryan

The illegal hit on Dorsey was the second time today that a cheap shot was ignored. The leg whip from the UT guy against, I think, Zeke was never called either.

I really think the SEC refs are just bad across the board. I miss the days of Jimmy Harper and Dick Burleson.

bamafan4ever said:
The illegal hit on Dorsey was the second time today that a cheap shot was ignored. The leg whip from the UT guy against, I think, Zeke was never called either.

I really think the SEC refs are just bad across the board. I miss the days of Jimmy Harper and Dick Burleson.

Speaking of officiating: I haven't watched the replay yet, but there was one play during the Bama game yesterday that I was curious about. UT was attempting a reverse, Ainge handed the ball off to the RB , and when RB tried to hand the ball to the WR he fumbled it. The ball then went backwards toward the QB causing a scramble which resulted in one of the Bama players recovering the ball. However, the official who had the best view of the play called it an incomplete pass :shock: . Now, I found this odd since it did not look as if the ball was ever passed at all, but handed off twice. So, did anyone else see this, or were me and the hundreds of people sitting in the section with me hallucinating? I know it's a moot point now, I just want to make sure that I'm not having acid flashbacks again ;yo .

Wiseace615 said:
bamafan4ever said:

Speaking of officiating: I haven't watched the replay yet, but there was one play during the Bama game yesterday that I was curious about. UT was attempting a reverse, Ainge handed the ball off to the RB , and when RB tried to hand the ball to the WR he fumbled it. The ball then went backwards toward the QB causing a scramble which resulted in one of the Bama players recovering the ball. However, the official who had the best view of the play called it an incomplete pass :shock: . Now, I found this odd since it did not look as if the ball was ever passed at all, but handed off twice. So, did anyone else see this, or were me and the hundreds of people sitting in the section with me hallucinating? I know it's a moot point now, I just want to make sure that I'm not having acid flashbacks again ;yo .

IF it would have been a strict hand off, it would have been a fumbled. As it was he tossed the ball a few feet to him. IF he would have tossed it backwards (as in opposite direction of the line of scrimmage), it would have been a fumbled. Since the receiver was in front of him, it's an incomplete pass.

The best analogy I have is it is like a Utah shuffle pass...which is basically a pitch, but it's also considered a forward pass if it's dropped.

Correct call.

TerryP said:
Wiseace615 said:
bamafan4ever said:

IF it would have been a strict hand off, it would have been a fumbled. As it was he tossed the ball a few feet to him. IF he would have tossed it backwards (as in opposite direction of the line of scrimmage), it would have been a fumbled. Since the receiver was in front of him, it's an incomplete pass.

The best analogy I have is it is like a Utah shuffle pass...which is basically a pitch, but it's also considered a forward pass if it's dropped.

Correct call.

Thanks, Terry. From where I was sitting it was hard to tell. I appreciate the response.

Back
Top Bottom