| FTBL Countdown to Signing Day ~ 2016

I haven't watched Saban's post NSD presser, but understand he said something to the effect of they wanted more depth at WR. Perhaps this works out...

I didn't hear that in his immediate interview with ESPN, but I'm certain the door is still open.

And, hearing that he contacted the UA staff after seeing the UGA haul, it wouldn't surprise me to hear CNS spreading that narrative to influence his decision cycle.

Bama has always shown that WR especially is an open position for the best talent. With the injuries we've had at the position and loss of Mullaney, I'd think he'd have a fair shot to work hard this summer to see playing time early. Plus, we are looking for a couple new STs return men. He may fit that bill as well.

Fingers crossed. I wanted him in this class. He is a real talent. Hope the Bama relationships he developed during his prior commitment bring him home.

Full disclosure: I probably seem somewhat insensitive regarding this kid. He is, after all, probably 18? Hell, both my kids are older than that now. I guess I am close to being a "Pops" like @BamaFan334 would say. LOL! The Crimson Tide was my football team and the Braves were my baseball team and only one was a winner. I wore being an Alabama fan like a badge of honor even when I was still in grade school. (Which validates why it doesn't require a diploma to be a fan.) It was houndstooth, Golden Flake, the Bear and Yea Alabama that I was accustomed to, not to mention very memorable teams that played from '77-'80. Man, I would have run through a damned brick wall to have the privilege of wearing that Crimson jersey! So, when I see a kid that has THAT opportunity (and how many of us would have loved to been in his shoes) and pisses it away because of a gray shirt, hurt feelings or whatever...I struggle to feel sorry for him. He had the opportunity, it was simply delayed. Patience is a virtue. Though I may not always be virtuous, I was probably patient enough, even at 18 to wait on Alabama if they needed me to. So, since it is only my perspective I can go by, I am happy the young man is where he is.
Good point. I grew up in the day where you were Alabama or Auburn. If you were a Tide fan & had the opportunity to play there, you wouldn't think twice about something that would benefit the team and you for the future of wearing that crimson jersyey and playing for national championships, but again, that's my thought process and like you said, in todays world, too each his own.

Back
Top Bottom