| FTBL Countdown to Signing Day ~ 2016

Anthony Grant: " We beat SEC -W rival Mississippi St On the roa...
Nick Saban: " Whoa, whoa, whoa! Imma Let you finish, Anthony, but I am the best college football recruiter of all time!"

Was checking out tigerdroppings. LSU fans were foaming at the mouth when ESPN had them at number 1. Later in the day, after they had dropped to #3 I saw this:

upload_2016-2-3_18-15-9.png

CNS' comment on ESPN:

"We were pleased the way things ended up today. We got some really good players today. We thought we were going to get those players. You always get disappointed. You know, you always have a lot of hope for a couple guys that you'd like to get, but overall, we were really pleased with the way things worked out today."

I thought that interesting. Basically, no surprises good or bad happened today for the staff. All commits were known quantities and the "couple" wildcards the staff was holding out for did not occur.

He commited to South Alabama. :what:

Full disclosure: I probably seem somewhat insensitive regarding this kid. He is, after all, probably 18? Hell, both my kids are older than that now. I guess I am close to being a "Pops" like @BamaFan334 would say. LOL! The Crimson Tide was my football team and the Braves were my baseball team and only one was a winner. I wore being an Alabama fan like a badge of honor even when I was still in grade school. (Which validates why it doesn't require a diploma to be a fan.) It was houndstooth, Golden Flake, the Bear and Yea Alabama that I was accustomed to, not to mention very memorable teams that played from '77-'80. Man, I would have run through a damned brick wall to have the privilege of wearing that Crimson jersey! So, when I see a kid that has THAT opportunity (and how many of us would have loved to been in his shoes) and pisses it away because of a gray shirt, hurt feelings or whatever...I struggle to feel sorry for him. He had the opportunity, it was simply delayed. Patience is a virtue. Though I may not always be virtuous, I was probably patient enough, even at 18 to wait on Alabama if they needed me to. So, since it is only my perspective I can go by, I am happy the young man is where he is.

Back
Top Bottom