| FTBL Countdown to Signing Day ~ 2016

It's not my word, it's what I've heard. Purely basing this on what makes sense, given the parties involved, I don't see this as being sprung on him at the last minute. There are more than one player in this class it's been discussed with as a possibility.

Miscommunication makes sense considering he's been switched from Kirby and Mel as his primary recruiters to Pruitt. Teams saying he was getting shafted makes sense as well ... it's no different than all the depth chart talk rivals throw out there.

I believe, based on the parties involved, that grey shirting was mentioned as something to keep in mind. I know he was told he was gray shirting, but asked to consider the possibility due to the numbers in the class.

He has not had his spot "taken back." He's been asked to delay a few months. That's not pulling an offer out of the blue (IE: Harbaugh.) His scholarship offer is still good as it's always been.

Consider this: IF he'd decided to flip what would his reason have been? It would have described as "what's best for me." Now, when the entire class is considered and the staff is looking at what's best for the team, where does the difference lie?

You're as bad as a politician man... lol

Terry - Are you willing to say the grey shirt was discussed when he first committed?

And one more time - Do you believe it to fair to offer the kid a spot in THIS CLASS (because they're really asking him to come in the next class), then go back on your word AFTER he commits to THIS CLASS? His spot in this class is absolutely being taken back... Quit with the bull sh*t

All I'm saying is that if you're not completely sold on him early in the process, don't accept his commitment. If you want to get better players at the position despite his commitment, don't take it. Or take it... And live with it... So that this type of stuff doesn't happen.

As far as the kid de-committing and going elsewhere, I don't think that's right either. 2 wrong's doesn't make a right... Especially if you're an adult who does this for a living, and you aren't capable of keeping your word. I do think that's a little worse.

Last edited:
I'm going to leave this here ... let you guys make up your own mind on what kind of environment this fosters.

I do find this ... well, odd.
What's odd about it? It's a Jumbotron billboard. The messages cycle on it and they are not expensive. There are dozens of them around town and LSU uses them for marketing academic and athletic programs and for special events. Like this one they put up for the South Carolina game the week after Carolina fans had just gone through all that flooding in Columbia. The environment it fosters is effective modern advertising.

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

they wouldn't let us wear our BAMA stuff , or Georgia fans wear there stuff so we decided to leave some of our stuff with them.. 4 BAMA key chains , one in every corner . And a thing or two else

What's odd about it? It's a Jumbotron billboard. The messages cycle on it and they are not expensive. There are dozens of them around town and LSU uses them for marketing academic and athletic programs and for special events. Like this one they put up for the South Carolina game the week after Carolina fans had just gone through all that flooding in Columbia. The environment it fosters is effective modern advertising.
First of all, good to see ya. You head over to the other site ... one with '99grad?

The difference is one is for a team, the other a recruit. I can't say I've ever seen a billboard lauding a commitment/signee before he's even stepped on the field. I know I've never seen one for Bama.

It's just odd to me.

I read that we will sign 27-28 in this class and with Cole being asked to potentially Grayshirt, it leads me to believe we are in for a few surprises come NSD. So, who do you believe we (BAMA) will close with on National Signing Day? My list is below!

1. Ben Davis - LB
2. Lyndell Wilson - LB
3. Terrell Hall - DE
4. Ahmmon Richards - WR
5. Shyheim Carter - DB/Ath
6. Landon Dickerson - G
7. Jonathan Kongbo - DE

I would love to add Jeffery Simmons, but I believe Ole Mi$$ wins out here. Watchout for Mique Juarez. AJ Brown, Demetris Robertson and Jared Mayden are my wild cards.

I've seen a few threads around the 'net in the last few minutes referring to one of the writers on a 247 site (Ole Miss) saying he's not as confident as he was a few days ago because of things players are hearing on the recruiting trail.

In what may come as a shock, others schools are pointing to the NCAA's investigation while cautioning kids to consider what might happen in Oxford. :sarcasm:

BTW, Pennamon is scheduled to announce today. Some believe Ole Miss has this one while Bama (working hard to get back in with him) and A&M are in the picture as well.

*This means nothing ... but I can't escape a suspicion this ends up like Speedy Noil.

With Jacobs visit over the weekend and the staff not pushing for a commitment from him, it leads me to believe they still think there's a chance Bama can pull him in for this class. I've got the suspicion Bama, while waiting on Pennamon, may move on and concentrate on the 2017 class of running backs. 2016 is definitely a limited class.

@red55 How can you make a comparison between a billboard LSU fans put up as support for South Carolina flood victims versus a billboard for White? Damn, we're talking about celebrating a commitment from a kid who was arrested for having sex with a 14 year old, then a few weeks later for a motor vehicle violation and running from the cops?

I admit I don't know the disposition of White's cases, but I do look at this and think, "they're celebrating the signing of a sexual offender?"

Back
Top Bottom