| RECRUIT Could this be the best defensive class under Saban?

Could this be the best defensive class under Saban?

There are three different answers; yes, we'll see, and yes.

Yes, on paper.
We'll see in a few years.

But a definite yes considering the environment. Setting the NIL battles aside, and while we're at it let's set the portal aside, let's look at the context of this years class.

Just like we've seen many fans jump on the bandwagon, "fire the coordinators," rival coaching staff's have been echoing the same—"look at the dysfunction." They've cited the two losses this season and revived the mantra about the program, and system, dying.

We'll see what happens in a week. If we see Saban and his staff hold this class together as well as adding a few more pieces? It'll be the best recruiting job Saban has done since he's been in Tuscaloosa. Believe you me, the wolves have been circling.

There is, no doubt, a lot of potential with this class. Hopefully, everyone signs that's expected to sign.

Next those potential players have to develop. In my opinion, this is where we have had some issues in the last couple of years. We do sign great players but for whatever reason, the players do not develop.

I am looking forward to see what Coach Saban and company have when this recruiting cycle is all said and done. Transfers and recruits will give us all a little better understanding soon.

There is, no doubt, a lot of potential with this class. Hopefully, everyone signs that's expected to sign.

Next those potential players have to develop. In my opinion, this is where we have had some issues in the last couple of years. We do sign great players but for whatever reason, the players do not develop.

I am looking forward to see what Coach Saban and company have when this recruiting cycle is all said and done. Transfers and recruits will give us all a little better understanding soon.
Right. Development is key...keeping is key #2.... when they dont get a starting position and others are promising NIL shit...

Recruiting was a wolf after its prey....NIL is a pack of wolves after its prey.

There are three different answers; yes, we'll see, and yes.

Yes, on paper.
We'll see in a few years.

But a definite yes considering the environment. Setting the NIL battles aside, and while we're at it let's set the portal aside, let's look at the context of this years class.

Just like we've seen many fans jump on the bandwagon, "fire the coordinators," rival coaching staff's have been echoing the same—"look at the dysfunction." They've cited the two losses this season and revived the mantra about the program, and system, dying.

We'll see what happens in a week. If we see Saban and his staff hold this class together as well as adding a few more pieces? It'll be the best recruiting job Saban has done since he's been in Tuscaloosa. Believe you me, the wolves have been circling.
I thought last year was the best coaching job he had done too. As long as Saban’s capable of making Bama great, he will do everything possible to see that they are.

If we’re losing kids because of NIL then I’d suggest we get better at the NIL
Not being a smart ass but exactly how do “we”get better at NIL? Bama can certainly compete with a lot of schools because of its passionate fan base. That being said, Bama doesn’t have the number of really deep pockets necessary to be elite in the NIL arena. It’s one thing for a passionate Tide fan to dig deep in order to make a one time $50k donation for a facility upgrade … it’s a completely different thing for that same fan to make the same donation annually in order to support the NIL. If college football turns into a professional game … which is where it’s headed … the wealthiest alumni bases passionate about their football teams will land the majority of elite recruits and transfers.

Not being a smart ass but exactly how do “we”get better at NIL? Bama can certainly compete with a lot of schools because of its passionate fan base. That being said, Bama doesn’t have the number of really deep pockets necessary to be elite in the NIL arena. It’s one thing for a passionate Tide fan to dig deep in order to make a one time $50k donation for a facility upgrade … it’s a completely different thing for that same fan to make the same donation annually in order to support the NIL. If college football turns into a professional game … which is where it’s headed … the wealthiest alumni bases passionate about their football teams will land the majority of elite recruits and transfers.
Yep....bama has deep pockets. And when it is being spent and bama is on top. All the world is aglow.... but we want a State of the Art field house....and stadium upgrades...
And this n that... you are right. And then shelling out to unproven athletes.... that don't return the time of day...and strut around entitled.....
Ummmm...that money may be spent on other worldly items and areas.....

And ..... i dont know how we get better on nil...either....

The story of the golden goose that lays golden eggs comes to mind...scary....

It'll be the best recruiting job Saban has done since he's been in Tuscaloosa. Believe you me, the wolves have been circling
Unfortunately in this new climate, I believe the wolves will never leave. I just don't know how any program can sustain itself in an era of limitless player swaps. A program isn't facilties and motivational posters and mantras posted on walls. Program culture by definition requires a minimum of continuity of staff and players. Otherwise a program becomes a revolving door for players and coaches who are me-centered rather than team-centered. I hope something or someone regulates this soon.

It's hard to pay for an unproven athlete in my mind. I reached out about securing services for some small NIL deals on some guys, and guys not ever seeing the field are $1,000 minimum for a Twitter shout out. Want them wearing your product, $1,500-$2,000 minimum. Want something signed, "we'll see what we can do about that", meaning you won't be getting even that with the $1,000 shoutout. To secure Bryce or William Anderson, it was atleast a $10,000-15,000 minimum for an autograph session of like 15 minutes I was told. Not for the faint of heart.

I'd be pissed off if I paid for Aaron Anderson's NIL to get him to Alabama, and then he leaves. I don't see the investment value there. It's a write off, sure, but how many of those until the IRS pops you?

Unfortunately in this new climate, I believe the wolves will never leave. I just don't know how any program can sustain itself in an era of limitless player swaps. A program isn't facilties and motivational posters and mantras posted on walls. Program culture by definition requires a minimum of continuity of staff and players. Otherwise a program becomes a revolving door for players and coaches who are me-centered rather than team-centered. I hope something or someone regulates this soon.
Bama been there...

It's hard to pay for an unproven athlete in my mind. I reached out about securing services for some small NIL deals on some guys, and guys not ever seeing the field are $1,000 minimum for a Twitter shout out. Want them wearing your product, $1,500-$2,000 minimum. Want something signed, "we'll see what we can do about that", meaning you won't be getting even that with the $1,000 shoutout. To secure Bryce or William Anderson, it was atleast a $10,000-15,000 minimum for an autograph session of like 15 minutes I was told. Not for the faint of heart.

I'd be pissed off if I paid for Aaron Anderson's NIL to get him to Alabama, and then he leaves. I don't see the investment value there. It's a write off, sure, but how many of those until the IRS pops you?
Very pissed....pay that...and then watch them play for Tennessee...or AU....

Back
Top Bottom