| FTBL Coaching Changes

Proud Tiger said:
Terry, with all due respect I won't air all that out here. I may be dead wrong but I think ya'll are going to lose some of the commitments you already have. That doesn't mean Auburn will get any of them but I just think Saban has hurt himself with his media relations for no good reason. I wouldn't expect any avid Bama fan to agree with that but I think the constant negative press he is receiving on a national scale can only hurt. If you were honest with yourself, I'm sure you would like to sit down with him and say....look coach can't we be a little more suave with the media. I in fact did that with Tubs a couple of years back concerning the negative events that seemed to happen every year in connection with the LSU game. It's amazing how much better things have been between LSU and Auburn ever since.

Do you ever get to Huntsville? If so shoot me a PM and let's get together.

Recruiting is always a fluid situation so if there are a couple of recruits that change their mind it wouldn't shock me. I don't think it'll be because of the statements made by Saban in the presser. While you would find ESPN marked as the home page on most recruits cell phones, I seriously doubt they have them there for the commentary.

I have a class reunion next year, I believe. I normally don't make it to them (no desire really) but I do plan on getting to H-ville sometime in the next few months. It'll be on a trip back to Mphs even though it'll be a bit out of the way. I haven't decided when yet, it'll be when the weather warms up a bit after spring to play a few courses on the RTJ trail. You hit the links?

On Tubs leaving: He did say "I will stay as long as they want me"....so he has an out. He can say they didn't want him enough or they proved years ago with the secret trips that they would run him out. If he wants to go - He has an out (In addition to the fact that he did so at Ole Miss also).

On Saban remarks hurting recruiting: Doubtful - If anything has hurt, it is the loss to ULM. After all, LSU is #1 and we held our own. Its the collapse after the fact. I have a hard time with it myself. The media is always out to get someone and he is a target and since Boosters used their advertising dollars to go after "one of their own" and get him fired (Mcready, not missed BTW), it adds fuel to the fire.

Les to LSU - Probably....He knows that LSU has nowhere to go but down from here and he can't maintain that level. Of course, the media also has Saban bolting BAMA back to LSU - some posters even saying he used the sentence "I wont be here" as his starting point. Yes, I would want to go back to a town full of fans that have done nothing but call me Satan and trash me completely. Not likely.

In closing, I sure want this Iron Bowl victory but I do believe that win or lose, Saban is cleaning up the house. Shula was like a fellow player and did not have any control or discipline. The players are learning that won't wash with Saban. Our Iron Bowl streak will come again.

Proud Tiger said:
Bones82 said:
Tubs is staying. He just built a home in AU. Kids are in school. I don't see him leaving.---

you are right of course. That's been common knowledge of Auburn people close to the situation all along. That's why I confidently offered to bet $100 to all comers that he was not leaving.

Bones82 said:
I am glad he is in the rumor mill though it does nothing but hurt AU recruiting.

---I disagree with you here. No one except a few wishful thinking Bama fans ever thought he was even considering leaving. The players and recruits all knew he wasn't leaving. As he said yesterday (and I posted here several days ago) he just wants raises for his ass't coaches and some facility mods.
FWIW, I think Saban's remarks at his presser yesterday did a lot to help our recruiting and might have hurt yours. I know you won't agree with me but he is taking a beating in today's papers over some of his remarks. He is your coach and I would expect nothing but support from Bama fans (just as I do mine)but I think Saban's remarks coupled with back to back upset losses, have hurt him somewhat. At the very least it has resulted in a lot of negative publicity at the wrong time. Of course a win in the IB will make a lot of people forget all this quickly. Let's hope that don't happen :D

[/quote]

I think it would hurt those recruits or anyone else for that matter that can not understand or realize the context in which that was said or used. Of course if you can't understand/realize why then your scores probably reflect that and you won't have to worry about attending UA anyway. Saban is probably one of the few men that do give a rip about his guys.

The media will spin it how ever they want to. IMHO...I don't think Coach Saban gives a rip about most of the media because of things like this. There's no accountability for them. He nor the UA needs the media to succeed. Success sells itself eventually.

No disrespect toward your opinon....but..Sounds like a Barn spin zone to me. :lol:

I just wish everybody would quit over reacting to Saban's analogies he made in his press conference. That is absolutely rediculous. Anybody that actually heard what he was saying knows good and well what he meant and all it did was give the media something to attack Saban and Alabama on. They keep this crap up and they will run him out of T-Town as well. He just wants to be left alone and coach. If he is left alone to do his job, Bama will be the premiere program once again in college football!! ROLL TIDE! BEAT AUBURN!!!

Proud Tiger said:
billfish said:
No disrespect toward your opinon....but..Sounds like a Barn spin zone to me. :lol:

I didn't write any media articles and none of the ones I read or heard were by Auburn writers :D

Have a happy Thanksgiving!!!!![/quote]

Barners are not the only ones out there spinning ya know? :lol: Let's think nationally.

Thanks and same to you!

TerryP said:
I have a class reunion next year, I believe. I normally don't make it to them (no desire really) but I do plan on getting to H-ville sometime in the next few months. It'll be on a trip back to Mphs even though it'll be a bit out of the way. I haven't decided when yet, it'll be when the weather warms up a bit after spring to play a few courses on the RTJ trail. You hit the links?[/quote]

Unfortunately I'm not a golfer. There are some things in life where I know my limitations :D

But I do live within a mile of the Robert Trent Jones golf course at Hampton Cove and I will be glad to drive the cart.

psychojoe said:
If Miles wins the NC and then goes to Michigan, I will anxiously await the melt down on LSU boards. What a blow to their ego that two coaches used them as a stepping stone to other jobs.

Louisiana SPRINGBOARD University

So you're saying that LSU is like the developmental league is in basketball and baseball. Hmm. LSU is the minor leagues. That's funny, unless you can't spell "Go".

Back
Top Bottom