| FTBL Coaching Changes

rolltyroll

Verified Member
Who do you guys think will end up where? Lets look at the facts first:
Arkansas, Texas A&M, Michigan and likely Nebraska will all be coachless at the end of the year. Who will fill the shoes? Here's my take:
Tubby goes to A & M, Petrino leaves ATL and takes over the barn.
Arkansas hires Bill Callahan who ironically was almost denied his current job to Houston Nutt.
Michigan gets Les Miles, and LSU aquires either Houston Nutt or Jimbo Fisher. Ole Miss decides to fire Coach O and hires Major Applewhite. Nebraska hires the NFL guy they have connections with.
Its all a wild guess but hell the entire season has been that way.

rolltyroll said:
Who do you guys think will end up where? Lets look at the facts first:
Arkansas, Texas A&M, Michigan and likely Nebraska will all be coachless at the end of the year. Who will fill the shoes? Here's my take:
Tubby goes to A & M, Petrino leaves ATL and takes over the barn.
Arkansas hires Bill Callahan who ironically was almost denied his current job to Houston Nutt.
Michigan gets Les Miles, and LSU aquires either Houston Nutt or Jimbo Fisher. Ole Miss decides to fire Coach O and hires Major Applewhite. Nebraska hires the NFL guy they have connections with.
Its all a wild guess but hell the entire season has been that way.

Out of all of those, Tubby to A&M and Les to Michigan are the most likely.

I think Petrino will give it another year before bolting. LSU will look at Mike Price among many high touted assistants.

Any of those are anyone's guess.

I agree somewhat with Tubby leaving to A&M and I have a gut feeling Les is gone....since he is saying things like "I am an LSU man." lol right...sure ya are Les.
I really don't see Applewhite leaving either. He has wanted to be at Bama since Highschool. Since Dubose* sorry butt didnt recruit him =(

However, Patrino will stay at Atl and see if he can get his QB(the one at Louisville). Give him 2 more years with the Falcons.

*think it was him not Stallings

Tubs is staying. He just built a home in AU. Kids are in school. I don't see him leaving. I am glad he is in the rumor mill though it does nothing but hurt AU recruiting.

If Miles wins the NC and then goes to Michigan, I will anxiously await the melt down on LSU boards. What a blow to their ego that two coaches used them as a stepping stone to other jobs.

I do think Harbaugh at Stanford will at least get a look from Michigan. Stolich and Gill will be in the mix for Nebraska.

Bones82 said:
Tubs is staying. He just built a home in AU. Kids are in school. I don't see him leaving.---

you are right of course. That's been common knowledge of Auburn people close to the situation all along. That's why I confidently offered to bet $100 to all comers that he was not leaving.

Bones82 said:
I am glad he is in the rumor mill though it does nothing but hurt AU recruiting.

---I disagree with you here. No one except a few wishful thinking Bama fans ever thought he was even considering leaving. The players and recruits all knew he wasn't leaving. As he said yesterday (and I posted here several days ago) he just wants raises for his ass't coaches and some facility mods.
FWIW, I think Saban's remarks at his presser yesterday did a lot to help our recruiting and might have hurt yours. I know you won't agree with me but he is taking a beating in today's papers over some of his remarks. He is your coach and I would expect nothing but support from Bama fans (just as I do mine)but I think Saban's remarks coupled with back to back upset losses, have hurt him somewhat. At the very least it has resulted in a lot of negative publicity at the wrong time. Of course a win in the IB will make a lot of people forget all this quickly. Let's hope that don't happen :D

[/quote]

no idea but i saw a picture of tubby talking with someone and check out his tie :shock:

am.jpg

Proud Tiger said:
Bones82 said:
Tubs is staying. He just built a home in AU. Kids are in school. I don't see him leaving.---

you are right of course. That's been common knowledge of Auburn people close to the situation all along. That's why I confidently offered to bet $100 to all comers that he was not leaving.

Bones82 said:
I am glad he is in the rumor mill though it does nothing but hurt AU recruiting.

---I disagree with you here. No one except a few wishful thinking Bama fans ever thought he was even considering leaving. The players and recruits all knew he wasn't leaving. As he said yesterday (and I posted here several days ago) he just wants raises for his ass't coaches and some facility mods.
FWIW, I think Saban's remarks at his presser yesterday did a lot to help our recruiting and might have hurt yours. I know you won't agree with me but he is taking a beating in today's papers over some of his remarks. He is your coach and I would expect nothing but support from Bama fans (just as I do mine)but I think Saban's remarks coupled with back to back upset losses, have hurt him somewhat. At the very least it has resulted in a lot of negative publicity at the wrong time. Of course a win in the IB will make a lot of people forget all this quickly. Let's hope that don't happen :D

[/quote]

How do you see it being a benefit for your recruiting?

Proud Tiger said:
Bones82 said:

Bones82 said:

[/quote]

Your comments are truely wishful thinking. Barn fans make me sick. There are many people out there that could see Tubbs go to A&M. I know that recruits can see this as well. I still think ole Tommy will listen to the offer but stay. I say this hurts recruiting until he signs an extension.

There is nothing to keep a coach, any coach, from telling a kid he's not leaving, even while his wife is packing the suitcases. Franocchio did it at Bama, Tubs did it at Ole Miss. It's the nature of the coaching business.

Tubs will stay at Auburn. aTm isn't going to cover his 6 million dollar buyout.

I'm not sure who aTm will end up with. My guess is a guy with HC experience that has done a good job at a lower level or mid major. They could go after Art Briles or Chris Peterson but they need to get back to what they used to be known for- running the ball a tough, physical defense. Tubs would bring that but i just don't think they'll pay the 6 mil buyout.

Nebraska will go after Jim Grobe, Paul Johnson or Bo Pelini.

Arkansas is going to put the press on Butch Davis. If unsuccessful they'll go after a successful coach at a lower level.

I'm not sure who LSU will go after if Les goes to Michigan.

TerryP said:
Proud Tiger said:
Bones82 said:

Bones82 said:

How do you see it being a benefit for your recruiting?[/quote]

Terry, with all due respect I won't air all that out here. I may be dead wrong but I think ya'll are going to lose some of the commitments you already have. That doesn't mean Auburn will get any of them but I just think Saban has hurt himself with his media relations for no good reason. I wouldn't expect any avid Bama fan to agree with that but I think the constant negative press he is receiving on a national scale can only hurt. If you were honest with yourself, I'm sure you would like to sit down with him and say....look coach can't we be a little more suave with the media. I in fact did that with Tubs a couple of years back concerning the negative events that seemed to happen every year in connection with the LSU game. It's amazing how much better things have been between LSU and Auburn ever since.

Do you ever get to Huntsville? If so shoot me a PM and let's get together.

As much as you would like to believe otherwise, prospects actually have minds of their own. Face to face meetings with a coach means much more than some idiot on ESPN.

Back
Top Bottom