| FTBL coaching changes

There were three teams that Sexton voiced interesting in (re: Saban) when he was still in Miami. All of the teams were in the SEC; two in the West and one in the East. Considering where he grew up, where his vacation home is located, etc. threads like this just don't pass the logic test.

Why I decided to respond to this thread and thereby bumping it is just beyond me...

TerryP said:
There were three teams that Sexton voiced interesting in (re: Saban) when he was still in Miami. All of the teams were in the SEC; two in the West and one in the East. Considering where he grew up, where his vacation home is located, etc. threads like this just don't pass the logic test.

Why I decided to respond to this thread and thereby bumping it is just beyond me...

Because you are a glutton for punishment? :twisted:

bamafan4ever said:
TerryP said:

Maybe because you know deep down ND is the only team that might entice Coach Saban and afford him

bamarama007 said:
bamafan4ever said:
TerryP said:

Maybe because you know deep down ND is the only team that might entice Coach Saban and afford him

No, I don't even believe that deep inside. You, on the other hand, are more concerned with things that are "deep inside". Not me.

bamarama007 said:
bamafan4ever said:
TerryP said:

Had to go and encourage him, huh Terry? ;sh :wink:

bamafan4ever said:
bamarama007 said:
bamafan4ever said:
TerryP said:

No, I don't even believe that deep inside. You, on the other hand, are more concerned with things that are "deep inside". Not me.
What are you referring to? You lost me there??? I was talk about whether ND would be enticeing to Coach Saban

ND is already paying 4M a year to Weiss...do you think they'll jump over that amount?

What do they have that is enticing is the question you should answer...and, at that point, you may get a few to engage in some serious discussion with you on this subject.

You've failed to address the point that there were only three teams that Saban had voiced interest in...

TerryP said:
ND is already paying 4M a year to Weiss...do you think they'll jump over that amount?

What do they have that is enticing is the question you should answer...and, at that point, you may get a few to engage in some serious discussion with you on this subject.

You've failed to address the point that there were only three teams that Saban had voiced interest in...
which three are they" I thought he was Catholic and with ND being affiliated with the Catholic Church he might be interested

bamarama007 said:
TerryP said:

which three are they" I thought he was Catholic and with ND being affiliated with the Catholic Church he might be interested

LSU, UGA and Bama.

Does BYU look for Morman head coaches or do they look for successful prospects? In the NCAA, especially in today's times, it matters little what persuassion or religion a coach follows. Seriously, using the same logic would have interest between ND and Shula.

Weiss still has what, 6 years left on his contract? Considering the flak ND received when they fired Willingham so quickly I seriously doubt they'll consider doing the same with Weiss.

Like I've said earlier, it just doesn't pass the logic test. Quite frankly, I'm not sure the Miles to Mich passes the logic test either...

I had one good answer on this question yesterday, and now you give me the best, most logical today, Thanks.........some people can give great discussion. I still think that he will consider it.

bamarama007 said:
I had one good answer on this question yesterday, and now you give me the best, most logical today, Thanks.........some people can give great discussion. I still think that he will consider it.

And yet, you haven't given a good reason as to why he would consider it. Just because it's ND is your reason, the way I understand your posts.

FWIW, and while I don't think Miles would go to Mich, I think he'll listen to what they have to offer. Right now, Carr is making 1.45M a year vs the 1.8 Miles is getting from LSU (not to mention the incentives he very well may qualify for this season.)

That would carry the assumption that ND is actually a true, Catholic University. It's private, but far from what I would consider a University that promotes its Catholic beliefs to that extent.

Point of clarification, Weiss can make at much as 4M this year. He's guaranteed 3.3. On the same note, Saban is looking at close to 3 this year...not the 4M everyone says he's making.

Well, I'm Baptist, but I can promise you I won't go to Baylor. :shock:

007, why are you so concerned about his going to ND? Maybe you're a closet Irish fan. Is it wishful thinking on your part?

Back
Top Bottom