| FTBL Coach Sark's Big Stupid Mouth

Education is abundant in Tuscaloosa. These smart people check their stash on Saturday and stock up, on Saturday, if they’ll need any for Sunday.
Education is available in Tuscaloosa.

I'm guessing the phrase that's never been heard in the OP household starts with "I should have picked up more _____ when I was at the store." :devilish:

Education is abundant in Tuscaloosa. These smart people check their stash on Saturday and stock up, on Saturday, if they’ll need any for Sunday.
The "o shit" moment...when you realize....you didnt pack up the frig before Sunday....start calling friends to see if you can borrow......a very humiliating moment.... of course all before Sunday sales...and thinking ahead

This reminds me ...

If ya want to buy a few beers for an afternoon get together on Sunday Tuscaloosa IS NOT for you. Archaic and a bit assinine when you consider "you can go out and drink Sunday but you can't go to the store, grab some brews, and watch TV at home." Now, Sunday sales are around Tuscaloosa.

That said, there was another option besides buying M-Sat. If I took Hwy. 82 towards Gordo there was an old, brick convenience store on the right side of the road. 10 minute out of Northport, maybe. Bud and Bud Light were available on Sunday's. No other brands. (Of course, they only carried one brand of just about everything.)

Not a lot of this weighs in with the Sark conversation considering ... just a dynamic difference in Tuscaloosa.
Neither is Oxford MS. Use to, couldn't even buy it at all on Sundays ( had to go to one of the surrounding counties after 12), or buy it cold on the days you could buy it. Laws may have changed out there by now, 2012 is the last time I was out there. Have to say TTown definitely has more to do than Oxford, but Oxford being a 75+/- mile drive to Memphis kinda offsets that.

Back
Top Bottom