| FTBL Coach Saban has said countless times...

• Thread starter imported_Porter
  • Start date
I

imported_Porter

starting with the first day he stepped on campus that he wants BAMA to be a team that plays physical football and dominates for 60 minutes. Right now, BAMA isn't even close to that. It is going to take time for him to put together a team that can. The defense has a tremendous deficiency of talent, play-makers, and depth. The offense is better in all 3 areas (though that isn't saying much), but not as good as they appear on paper. The experience factor is overrated with some of them as well. Again though, both sides are still a LONG way from where they need to be from a physical standpoint. Until they get there, the team will struggle... regardless of play calling or personnel.

The defense has played light years ahead of what I expected. I'm just surprised at how the offense struggles at times. It's almost like it's a focus problem. We come out like gangbusters and commence to put a whoopin on folks offensively. (See today and Arkansas) Then we seem to let up or so it appears. A few first downs and maybe a drive down into field goal range and this game is never even close today.

Happy for the win but damn!It seems we have had an excellent game plan to open each game with the exception of FSU then they make adjustments and we don't! :? :? :? :? Like Coach Saban said we can't take the air out of the ball offensively! when you go up on a non-bcs conf. team by 23 points! you have to put them away! :? :? :? and disappointed!RTR!

bamarooski said:
Happy for the win but damn!It seems we have had an excellent game plan to open each game with the exception of FSU then they make adjustments and we don't! :? :? :? :? Like Coach Saban said we can't take the air out of the ball offensively! when you go up on a non-bcs conf. team by 23 points! you have to put them away! :? :? :? and disappointed!RTR!

That about sums it up! IMO

This is just me but we have been a couple of weeks without a win and we did win this game. I'll take the W's now and the style points later.

Houston has a potent offense and we did just enough to win. That's all I care about this Saturday night.

bamafan4ever said:
This is just me but we have been a couple of weeks without a win and we did win this game. I'll take the W's now and the style points later.

Houston has a potent offense and we did just enough to win. That's all I care about this Saturday night.

You're so right. I said before the game that all I cared about was a win. You guys know I was very worried about this game. I need to remember my own words.

I just wish people would just listen to what Coach said....nothing more, nothing less. Its a work in progress...I wish Saban would have just said we suck and will lose every game, then maybe some fans would understand what he has to work with. At least that way maybe we could get excited about a win and enjoy it!!

Atlanta_Tider said:
I just wish people would just listen to what Coach said....nothing more, nothing less. Its a work in progress...I wish Saban would have just said we suck and will lose every game, then maybe some fans would understand what he has to work with. At least that way maybe we could get excited about a win and enjoy it!!

ROFL nicely put! :lol: :lol:

Now, you'll have all the barners jumping on the wagon!! LOL jking tider!

Love the Frank the tank and Animal house avatar. Did you know animal house was filmed at Oregon. Learned that last week watching gameday..

Atlanta_Tider said:

Right on the money, JJ! That's EXACTLY how I'm looking at it. ROLL TIDE!

Back
Top Bottom