| FTBL Coach Linguist telling #5 to feign a leg injury....

Coach Linguist telling #5 to fake the leg injury after the substituion issue (CKD was right about the substitution issue) was infuriating to me!!!!

THAT RIGHT THERE shows me that at least, Defensively, we are about gimmicks NOT fundamentals! When crap is hitting the fan, we all go to our instincts & that the card a CB coach at 'Bama told his player to do!? Gimmicks!? Not play the next play. Not dominate your opponent?!

Meanwhile, while Jawja got their butt whipped in the first quarter, they got better. They played the next play. They had pride in performance. The fought & took the lead. NO Coach on Jawja was telling folks to fake injuries!

The mental toughness that was in this program is GONE! Who on this team is going to bow up & fight? Who is going to go back to work & practice?

If we faked an injury, I’m embarrassed. That’s not the Alabama program I know and love. That loses integrity and respect. I’m shocked we would pull a move like that, if we did.

They did... Assuming you didn't see the play... it was a really weird situation though where the officials didn't allow Bama to substitute and instead of calling a TO they decided to do that, apparently in a split second decision just before the snap to avoid a penalty. They should have just called the TO, then chewed the officials for the entire break for their fuckup.

I would love to see Deboer publicly reprimand the assistant coach. Shit like that will make me tune out

Yeah, the meltdown threads, kicking of the ball at Vanderbilt, and now this have the whole Alabama Nation looking pretty dawgone bad. Embarrassing actually. I'm upset and have had some words for our quarterback, but I'm far from melting down about the program. We just look very bad right now in my eyes with all this stuff.

Linguist may be on his way out…

A little reverse psychology here… I think the best thing to do is “fake these injuries” until it forces the hand of (at least) the SEC front office… substitutions should be allowed on every single play… a player should be allowed to remove himself if he needs to, and another put in his place… sometimes playing with an injury, makes the injury worse..this league wants safety, make an allotment for subbing mandatory..

If he's forced out, then that probably means a house cleaning after year 1 (which is about as likely as Saban coming back). Linguist is one of the best coaches on staff, and probably the best on the defensive side of the ball.
Well I know the secondary is green… But a lot of the focus of anger, on the defense, is aimed at his group…But they did do better even with growing injuries..We are a spoiled bunch..

Linguist may be on his way out…

A little reverse psychology here… I think the best thing to do is “fake these injuries” until it forces the hand of (at least) the SEC front office… substitutions should be allowed on every single play… a player should be allowed to remove himself if he needs to, and another put in his place… sometimes playing with an injury, makes the injury worse..this league wants safety, make an allotment for subbing mandatory..
It's funny Bama tried faking, we get flagged for too many players on the field. How many players did Bama have to go down and the medical teams went out to see about them? I know UT had maybe half a dozen to go down.

Back
Top Bottom