| LIFE Charles Dickens had a "Tale of Two Cities" and I have a "Tale of Two Families"

Wayne I would love to get for my dad since many of his kin folk was raised in the forest. His great grandfather, Leroy Armstrong is buried across Hickory Grove Rd. across from the church.
Mike, there’s several chapters your dad would enjoy. A cousin of his is mentioned a time or two.
Don't need to mail me anything. PM an address I'm close enough for a face to face visit. It would be my pleasure to meet you in person, when you have time. :)
I’d like that as well. Watch for a p.m.

Tell me about this for a minute or two.

You research the history of the area and go look for specific spots?
Not exactly. It’s a famous local north Alabama landmark / attraction. I carried the Scout troop there a few times and we’ve made a family day trip as well.

Aaron Burr hid out there and the waterfalls are pretty neat. The canyon is a geological wonder and there is a champion tree in the canyon but I don’t remember what kind.

Not exactly. It’s a famous local north Alabama landmark / attraction. I carried the Scout troop there a few times and we’ve made a family day trip as well.

Aaron Burr hid out there and the waterfalls are pretty neat. The canyon is a geological wonder and there is a champion tree in the canyon but I don’t remember what kind.
That's cool.

Buried pretty deep in the woods on Charleston Southern's campus are the few remains of an old plantation.

There are a few battle grounds/stations I've visited around here...always have a bit of an idea of where I was, and trying to put myself "when."

BUT, never did the hiking thing. That said...

My friends and I have talked about different Revolutionary War areas around here (more so than Civil, but that's included.)

While a lot of it is developed today, I know that that was like then. It's still around. BUT, no damn way I'm going hiking in that...

Instead of the $22 or whatever, I'm going to send $30. If you have the time, buy him a beer for me, will ya?
Dang! I was going to say that! Wayne make that two! If the rest of your book is anything like Ch 28 I can't wait to read it. I don't read books any more I listen to them.

What's happening right now is what's going to happen to me.

I gave the book to my mom but not before leafing through it...she's caught up in the pictures, as I was.

Wayne, if there was a digital library of those photos...I'd get lost blowing different things up to look more closely. Some GREAT pics!

I'll probably get to read it in three or four days.

What's happening right now is what's going to happen to me.

I gave the book to my mom but not before leafing through it...she's caught up in the pictures, as I was.

Wayne, if there was a digital library of those photos...I'd get lost blowing different things up to look more closely. Some GREAT pics!

I'll probably get to read it in three or four days.
You right about those pictures. I got carry away just looking at them. The older the better B/W are the best to me!

I appreciate those kind comments. Most of them could have been color but at a price.
Yeah. I put that together right off the top. B/W sets a tone. It's good.

I think it's in the book thread Tim started ... ran across a WWII book last year and it took me a week to get through it. Just because of the pictures. (I can read a 300+ page book in a day.)
I hope your mom enjoys the book Terry. Well, you and Rickey as well!
Looks like she has been...I'm looking forward to getting into to it as well.

I've gotta pay the water/elec, etc. tomorrow...I'll get with you via text and figure out the best way to get you your $

Yeah. I put that together right off the top. B/W sets a tone. It's good.

I think it's in the book thread Tim started ... ran across a WWII book last year and it took me a week to get through it. Just because of the pictures. (I can read a 300+ page book in a day.)

Looks like she has been...I'm looking forward to getting into to it as well.

I've gotta pay the water/elec, etc. tomorrow...I'll get with you via text and figure out the best way to get you your $
I read Citizen Soldiers last year, really good. My optional reading has slowed the last several months, I have gone back to Essentialism by McKeown as a reminder to streamline my days and commitments. My wife is retiring in June, and I'm either going this year or 1Q25, so a number of things are in the queue.

I’m glad he’s enjoying it. I’m glad he got his without a delay. I mailed another book the same day to Madison, Alabama, near Huntsville and it arrived in Kansas City Missouri today at 1:30 pm!!!

Tim, I just checked and yours is in Kansas City as well. !

Last edited:
Saturday it was in Fairbanks ( or Fairburn) GA postal facility and today it was in KC, Missouri. I’m betting it doesn’t make the Monday by 9 p.m. delivery date.
I order something and it was coming from up north. The route it took was to Atlanta, Ga, to Orlando, Fl, back to Atlanta, to B'Ham them to me.

Also, Wayne, I have not mail anything to you. My mailbox got either hit by a car or some kids did the hit. I also hurt my shoulder/neck/arm. Don't know how I did it.I can't get to the Post Office because of the pain I am in.

Back
Top Bottom