| NEWS CECIL HURT: Reading COVID's tea leaves - TideSports.com

Seems to me the University needs to address this prior to asking for money. They also should address how not renewing this year only (perhaps next year?) impacts future years.

Perhaps they've addressed this already? I don't have season tickets.

Seems to me the University needs to address this prior to asking for money. They also should address how not renewing this year only (perhaps next year?) impacts future years.

Perhaps they've addressed this already? I don't have season tickets.
They haven’t as i have seen....i did renew mine.....because I didn’t want to lose my longtime seats....might lose some money....but i can withstand it...
AD only said that season ticket holders hopefully will donate their money instead of asking for refund...( i thought...HA!!!)....if seating is unavailable....
Thats all i have heard...
then tnere was talk of rotating use of tickets....for different games....didnt come from AD though...
So...they should...they probably will .... when it convenient for them...
A lot of other things are dependent on Uof A decision....parking...lodging....
We are planning on sitting out this year.... either refund on tickets or sale our package....but might not if things change...
sitting as we all are...in....limbo

From the beginning epidemiologists have warned against taking false comfort in death rate percentages. As any mathematician will tell you, using percentages when the numbers are large is dangerous.
I understand what you're saying and I agree: only to an extent. I didn't mention death rate percentages, I mentioned the number of hospitalizations in the state of AL.

The warning, if you will, here is how we're being inundated with the number of reported positive tests but are not being adequately informed of how many people are being hospitalized due to the virus.

I am not making a comparison with the flu and COVID from any sort of medical perspective here. But, as far as reporting, I do note that we see the flu reported each season with the number of cases, the number that end up in the hospital, and the number who pass. We're not getting the same three numbers reported here as transparently as those with the flu.

From Rick Karle's Facebook page:

It’s not the news we want to hear, but I’d like to pass along the opinion of Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation’s top infectious disease expert.
The doctor feels it’s doubtful that college football will be played this fall.

Says the doctor:
"Unless players are essentially in a bubble -- insulated from the community and they are tested nearly every day -- it would be very hard to see how football is able to be played this fall. If there is a second wave, which is certainly a possibility and which would be complicated by the predictable flu season, football may not happen this year."
On the flip side, coaches, trainers, athletic directors, team doctors and the players are doing everything they can to assure that they all stay healthy and football is indeed played.
I’m still a believer- I think we’re gonna find a way.
What do you think? Also, tell me if you will buy into wearing a mask at games if that’s what administrators mandate.
AU and UA pics #Believe

Not sure either on the wormhole thing...but I can fill you in on the being an ass, dick and other male anatomy slangs...can’t say I’m ball less though, at my age mine swell from time to time to let me know they’re still there....kinda like low hanging fruit, like a wrinkly viney kiwi....really sux when you sit down on one of them. :p

I wonder how much of the description of low haning fruits we needed to hear about?...lol

From Rick Karle's Facebook page:

It’s not the news we want to hear, but I’d like to pass along the opinion of Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation’s top infectious disease expert.
The doctor feels it’s doubtful that college football will be played this fall.

Says the doctor:
"Unless players are essentially in a bubble -- insulated from the community and they are tested nearly every day -- it would be very hard to see how football is able to be played this fall. If there is a second wave, which is certainly a possibility and which would be complicated by the predictable flu season, football may not happen this year."
On the flip side, coaches, trainers, athletic directors, team doctors and the players are doing everything they can to assure that they all stay healthy and football is indeed played.
I’m still a believer- I think we’re gonna find a way.
What do you think? Also, tell me if you will buy into wearing a mask at games if that’s what administrators mandate.
AU and UA pics #Believe

Well, friend....its really hard to say...for everyone has their limits and precautions....or fears....

I am not wearing a mask....into an event....period.... i just wont go...been to many enough....i can sit out a few.... nothing against mask....but really? We just aren’t going this year...we are in high risk catagory....sowhy take a incalculable chance..

Do i think there will be a season of CF.......ummm..i think there will be games...a full season of games... ....no....but there will be some games....early for sure..... maybe enough to wet our appetite.... but may be like getting a big wet kiss....from ur aunt... hope i am wrong... the players..young...physically fit....but what about the coaches...trainers...older...people....

How can you disagree...with Facui?....he knows almost as much as 2-3 on this board... by their opinion... ..

But...lets see....10 weeks or soaway..
Roll tide

I've had to wear a mask a few times. I like shopping at Costco and another gorcery store in town. It's their policy, not mine. That's where I've drawn the line.

I'm not a fan of the mask, but I need some groceries.

/shrug/

Back
Top Bottom