| NEWS CECIL HURT: Reading COVID's tea leaves - TideSports.com

And wehave friends that have spent the last 3-4 months in fear....from this pan-dammit... not go out...not eatout..not even seefamily... thatstheir "calculated precautions...."...its more fear though..
..others..have thrown "precautions at the wind"...and do none of above... so where is eaches point....
As we've seen repeatedly, it's not a "one glove its all" situation.

You mention taking flu shots each year. I don't. It's been scientifically proven these shots lead to a relapse for those who have contracted GBS. I have, twice, the second as the result of a relapse. That's not a choice based out of fear, or precaution. It's not throwing precautions to the wind. It's a choice just like telling a physician I'm allergic to Penicillin.

If it was about precautions, why go out in the first place?

It's not because I'm scared. It's because I'm clean.

I agree....its just semantics....
clean because of germs....?..why go out at all....
Can live like Howad Hughes....in constant fear....
What level of risk is one willing to take.... .what is ones...isnt anothers...

Base it on fear...ie Howard Hughes...or on a sensible, calculated precautions....

As we've seen repeatedly, it's not a "one glove its all" situation.

You mention taking flu shots each year. I don't. It's been scientifically proven these shots lead to a relapse for those who have contracted GBS. I have, twice, the second as the result of a relapse. That's not a choice based out of fear, or precaution. It's not throwing precautions to the wind. It's a choice just like telling a physician I'm allergic to Penicillin.
Definitely...not one glove ( if thats a precaution) fits all.... for sure...
Its an individuals "calculated risk system” ......
Load the personal system with facts ( or fiction) and make ur own personal decision...
Live or not with the results....( have said this to my kids a million times).....

Or lifestyle....however that varies from other factors that make up a lifestyle....

Wearing a Bulls jacketin Atlanta...ummm....that’s throwing sensible action away!! Lol

Hey, these were a big deal in the 90's. Don't get caught in an arcade with one by yourself. I remember my dad used to stand right beside me so no one would mess with me when I was like ten over in Decatur in the arcade with mine on. I never had a Bulls one, but them, the Lakers, LA Kings, and Miami Hurricanes were the big jacket back in the day.

Load the personal system with facts ( or fiction) and make ur own personal decision...
Live or not with the results....( have said this to my kids a million times).....

Or lifestyle....however that varies from other factors that make up a lifestyle....
Exactly. Ceciland others are "___" and I'm making my choices based on my circumstances.

Yesterday, went for a bite and a few beers at Nico's in Shem Creek. A friend of mine, Shay, shot this video. Now, the two guys next to each other? No distance there...they are members of the same damn band. You may recognize Mark Bryan...bet you do know the other guy. I'm behind Mike (red hair, Shay's husband) talking ... but, we're exercising out distance.

I'd go back today if I didn't have to be in West Ashley this afternoon.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 15
Exactly. Ceciland others are "___" and I'm making my choices based on my circumstances.

Yesterday, went for a bite and a few beers at Nico's in Shem Creek. A friend of mine, Shay, shot this video. Now, the two guys next to each other? No distance there...they are members of the same damn band. You may recognize Mark Bryan...bet you do know the other guy. I'm behind Mike (red hair, Shay's husband) talking ... but, we're exercising out distance.

I'd go back today if I didn't have to be in West Ashley this afternoon.

How is Nico's? Obviously I have seen it on Southern Charm, but curious where it is located and how the food tastes? Not a ton of room over there by Shem Creek. Love Red's though. Always a fun spot.

How is Nico's? Obviously I have seen it on Southern Charm, but curious where it is located and how the food tastes? Not a ton of room over there by Shem Creek. Love Red's though. Always a fun spot.
It's just around the corner...block and a half, maybe, walking. I can't think of a place around there I haven't eaten well...Page's Okra Grill, Water's Edge, Mustard Seed, Shem Creek Bar and Grill...all of 'em good.

#facts I will not share in the world you've chosen to live in; filled with fear and pessimism.

... a little over 500 hospitalizations in AL yesterday in a population of 4.9 million. .0001%.

It's not a fact, it's your shitty opinion actually. Because someone doesn't feel comfortable in a restaurant right now doesn't make them balless. It just makes you an asshole. And you still cant help yourself in making assumptions.

Not sure what your statistic point was but okay.

It's not a fact, it's your shitty opinion actually. Because someone doesn't feel comfortable in a restaurant right now doesn't make them balless. It just makes you an asshole. And you still cant help yourself in making assumptions.

Not sure what your statistic point was but okay.
I've never called your opinion, on anything, shitty. You throw the word class at me earlier when, demonstrably, you've displayed characteristics of a child with your name calling to both members and people duly elected.

You are quickly losing any respect I have for you. You'll see that, demonstrably, if you continue down this road. Understand this, Josh. I would rather adjust my life to your absence than adjust my boundaries to accommodate your disrespect.

As to Cecil? He's scared. A common colloquialism for being scared is "no balls."

Not sure about stats? .0001 percent of the population is hospitalized and people would rather focus on new positives with more tests. There's a logic issue here. Isn't not being exercised in a lot of places...and as stated earlier, places that tend to be blue states.

Back to Cecil....0001% hospitalized, he's in a socially distant environment, and scared about going out again?

I've never called your opinion, on anything, shitty. You throw the word class at me earlier when, demonstrably, you've displayed characteristics of a child with your name calling to both members and people duly elected.

You are quickly losing any respect I have for you. You'll see that, demonstrably, if you continue down this road. Understand this, Josh. I would rather adjust my life to your absence than adjust my boundaries to accommodate your disrespect.

As to Cecil? He's scared. A common colloquialism for being sacred is "no balls."

Not sure about stats? .0001 percent of the population is hospitalized and people would rather focus on new positives with more tests. There's a logic issue here. Isn't not being exercised in a lot of places...and as stated earlier, places that tend to be blue states.

Back to Cecil....0001% hospitalized, he's in a socially distant environment, and scared about going out again?

I dont care if you think my opinion on anything is shitty. You saying someone is balless because they dont feel comfortable somewhere is a shitty thing to say, period. Just like you constantly throw shots at others and then hide your hands when someone calls you on it. So, if I'm a child you're sitting at the kiddie table right next to me.

And Terry I really could not care any less if you respect me. Any respect I had for you was flushed long ago. And if you like to ban me because you dont like what I have to say, that is your right. You will have successfully thinned out the herd even further to make sure that the group think on this site remains 100% consistent.

There you go twisting people's words, your favorite thing to do Terry. I didn't say I wasn't sure about the stats. I said I have no idea why you posted that in response to my saying I knew one person that had COVID and has no symptoms and another that was hospitalized (IE referring to the polar opposites that some people have with the disease). No clue what my comment had to do with the stats you posted.

Back to Cecil... him saying he didn't feel comfortable eating out a restaurant yet doesn't make him balless nor does you hanging out with your buddies drinking beer together make you some sort of freedom loving hero. You have every right to do that if you so choose just like Cecil Hurt can sit his ass at home and eat a frozen pizza if he wants to. And it doesn't make him a coward for doing so.

Then it is high time for you to either leave the conversation on political matters or leave the board entirely. Each can be done voluntarily, or in other ways.

Well, you're going to have to do the other way then because you will not tell me what I can and cannot comment on. Period. I dont know who you think you are to think you can give me an ultimatum of what I can and can't say. Not happening. You will have to ban me. You've shown your true colors already, so that will be the par of the course.

dont know who you think you are to think you can give me an ultimatum of what I can and can't say
Do you contribute any money to the financial obligations here?

Do you do anything that maintains the site you are a member of?

Do you know whose house you are in, Josh?

No. To all three.

No. I stand corrected. You know the the last question and answer.

You've chosen to disrespect where you are. My Our house.

Do you contribute any money to the financial obligations here?

Do you do anything that maintains the site you are a member of?

Do you know whose house you are in, Josh?

No. To all three.

No. I stand corrected. You know the the last question and answer.

You've chosen to disrespect where you are. My house.

I've already said you are not going to tell me who or what I can or cannot talk about. Unless you block me. That is your choice.

This sort of shocks me... I've already sent you down one wormhole.

I have control of your browser.

That's quite the threat there Terry. You sure you wanna go down THAT wormhole?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've already said you are not going to tell me who or what I can or cannot talk about. Unless you block me. That is your choice.
I'm not going to block you, Josh. I might send you through another wormhole (this one will be tougher.)
That's quite the threat there Terry. You sure you wanna go down THAT wormhole?
I do.

You agreed to what you signed up for here.

You need to let this shit go and walk away from conversations with me on this Josh.

Last edited:
I do find the irony of someone expressing their opinion, another calling out that person for expressing their opinion while saying they have a right to "their" opinion but then start calling names (which means the argument is lost). Calling someone an ass, a dick, etc is not opinion.

Saying someone has "no balls" IS AN OPINION. Josh, you are a contrarian in every sense of the word, an internet troll that contributes little and your views are mostly against the grain which is how you like to roll = troll. Enjoy the wormhole.

Back
Top Bottom