| FTBL Cam cut. Mac Jones to be starter

Pats put Stidham on the PUP list so he can’t play the first 6 weeks. It looks like they may resign Hayer in the next few days, may have been some sort of a strategy to get around something by cutting him. They’ll still need another QB, can’t go 6 games with 2 on the roster. Huge gamble!

I don't think Cam is good enough at this point to overcome some of the "stuff" that comes along with him. Specifically, there has been plenty of talk about his lack of focus at practice and not being vaccinated, and both of which would certainly draw the ire of Belichick. But, he also isn't, and never was, a fit for their offense. McDaniels had to adjust what they did last year, and results were... not good. With Mac, they can go back to their traditional offense. Would be silly to compare Mac to Brady, but he's a perfect fit to run the offense that Brady ran. Also no denying he had a fantastic camp and preseason.

I don't think Cam is good enough at this point to overcome some of the "stuff" that comes along with him. Specifically, there has been plenty of talk about his lack of focus at practice and not being vaccinated, and both of which would certainly draw the ire of Belichick. But, he also isn't, and never was, a fit for their offense. McDaniels had to adjust what they did last year, and results were... not good. With Mac, they can go back to their traditional offense. Would be silly to compare Mac to Brady, but he's a perfect fit to run the offense that Brady ran. Also no denying he had a fantastic camp and preseason.

Plenty of guys not vaccinated in the league for that to be a true reason in my mind. Lamar Jackson, Cole Beasley, and Kirk Cousins to name a few big names off the top of my mind that weren't cut. I personally think he has been done for a few years from a level worthy of starting in the NFL and a salary that he was pulling. His throwing motion always bothered me the way he would lean back in efforts of unloading. On top of it, Belechik isn't a guy known for a Pete Carroll or Dabo Sweeney approach where he's "bros" with his players. He's a level or two above Saban where he sits atop of the tower and expects everyone to fall in line and expects no BS from anyone. Brady was such a staple because of his focus, quiet living away from the field, healthy living choices, and his precision. Newton is none of those things. Mac is definitely more in line in my mind to that than almost anyone else in the NFL. He's like the perfect Labrador Retriever. He is smart, wants to learn, wants to work, put in the time, and then go out there to please with his execution. Doesn't command the notoriety, doesn't want the flash, just wants to sit back and win.

Back
Top Bottom