| FTBL Cam cut. Mac Jones to be starter

Same here, I did not see that coming! Cut? For the Pats' sake, I hope Mac doesn't get hurt.
I was surprised. I expected experience would win out and also would not want to create a racial issue. I think when it came down to it Mac just performed and you can never tell me that how Newton carries himself doesn't factor in with all things equal. Eventually it catches up with you no matter how talented you are.

The thing I always hated about Cam.. except for the obvious, (being a lieing, cheating mother f*cker) was that he always put on that fake toothie smile and acted the Captain America when the camera was on but as soon as it wasn't on him he acted like a spoiled little punk. Two face people are the worst.

Congrats Mac!! Boy he surely earned it and is a great guy. I will also be the first to admit, I never thought he would ever see meaningful snaps at Alabama that weren't emergency related even after the Auburn game 2019. I liked his character but just didnt think he had the goods. I am thrilled to be soo wrong! He killed it last year and was a terrific leader of that team and he has carried that with him to the Pats.

Good luck Mac and just stay exactly who you are.. It's enough!

I don't like Cam, never have. But for the money they were paying him, he should have been a reasonable backup QB. He must have been toxic for the team.
You’re right … having the team split between those wanting Mac and those wanting Cam would be toxic. I’m also thinking they believed having Cam on the roster would negatively impact Mac’s ability to be a more vocal leader of the offense. Getting rid of him also allows Mac the freedom to not be looking over his shoulder.

Don't NE play Miami first? Mack vs Tua?
Yep … on sports talk radio they’re now debating which one will have the better game, the better season … and the better career? Personally, I don’t know at this time how to pick with any confidence who will have the better game in two weeks much less the better season … much, much less the better career.

Yep … on sports talk radio they’re now debating which one will have the better game, the better season … and the better career? Personally, I don’t know at this time how to pick with any confidence who will have the better game in two weeks much less the better season … much, much less the better career.
It's the last minute fury of seeking things to discuss ahead of the regular season. Next thing, they'll debate the multiple that Cam spends on his wardrobe over Mac. I guess a multiple of a one hundred.

IMO it was a combination of performance and $$. By cutting Cam they free up some roster money (not that he had a big contract). He's not old, but the overall QB roster is now much younger. By being cut, Cam can now go negotiate a contract that might be more appealing instead of keeping his current contract with a trade. Cam didn't outperform Mac and he should have based on his knowledge of the offense and players.

Back
Top Bottom