| FTBL Cam cut. Mac Jones to be starter

Cam is not going anywhere that he can't be the starter.

Pats put Stidham on the PUP list so he can’t play the first 6 weeks. It looks like they may resign Hayer in the next few days, may have been some sort of a strategy to get around something by cutting him. They’ll still need another QB, can’t go 6 games with 2 on the roster. Huge gamble!
I saw earlier today that vested players wind up with a guaranteed contract if they are on the roster right now. So some clubs will cut them then sign them to the practice squad, only to activate them for the first game, thereby getting around paying the full amount. That could be it.

Plenty of guys not vaccinated in the league for that to be a true reason in my mind. Lamar Jackson, Cole Beasley, and Kirk Cousins to name a few big names off the top of my mind that weren't cut.

I don't think that is the reason. In and of itself, I doubt it would be a huge deal, especially if this was 2015 Cam Newton. I can though, easily see it being an issue for 2021 Cam Newton when factored in with the other baggage he brings with him. Your point about Belichick being of the Saban DNA where he's an emotionless general who expects everyone to fall in line is correct, and also supports the notion that he'd be less than pleased if Cam ended up in COVID protocol on the Friday before a game. Imagine how pissed Saban would be right now if UA was below that 85% threshold as a team. He might not would show it much publicly, but he'd be lava ass livid. I will say, unlike clown shoes Urban Meyer, Belichick has gone to great lengths to at least say the vaccine status had nothing to do with it.

He aint gonna say it out loud... C"mon you know better. AFter what Meyer of Jaguer said, NFL/ and Union opened up investigation.
Come on, dude.

Had Mac not progressed like he did, or had Cam not slid like he did and stayed ahead of Mac, we wouldn't even be having this covid discussion. They'd have found a way to. Keep him in lieu of the hokey pokey-.twice a week testing, or whatever.

The only thing Cam's vax issue did was give Mac a change to prove himself.

Several factors led to the New England Patriots‘ decision to cut Cam Newton this week, such as his command of the locker room and vaccination status. Judging by the latest report, it appears there might be another reason why Newton was released.

According to former Patriots linebacker Rob Ninkovich, rookie quarterback Mac Jones had to help Newton learn the team’s playbook.

“I got some inside sources now, and I won’t say names, but from what I gained from sources inside the actual building… Mac was basically helping Cam learn the playbook,” Ninkovich said. “Mac was having less mental errors and a better understanding of the offense.”

Ninkovich also mentioned that Newton didn’t run the no-huddle offense or two-minute drill in the preseason. Perhaps that’s because he was reportedly not up to speed with the playbook.

Back
Top Bottom