| FTBL Called into Finebaum today

bamatommy

I told him Bama fans and Auburn fans both needed to quit getting so bent out of shape. I love the Crimson Tide, but I have felt embarrassed by some of the Bama retards calling into his show. Auburn has had their share of them,too.

If you have to tear somebody else down to feel good about yourself, that's not a good sign. That doesn't mean you can't poke fun at your opponents, but people take it too seriously. Just like those people killed in Wetumpka arguing over high school football.

If you are a Bama fan, and you love the Crimson Tide, please be civil and don't act like a jackass. You make our school look bad, and you make our team look bad. And you make ALL Bama fans look bad. A lot of the country likes to look down on Alabama to begin with, and you just give them another reason to mock us. Do you think Coach Bryant would be proud of people who act like that? I don't think so.

And another thing. I don't believe in going to your opponents' message boards and talking smack. I don't mind if Auburn fans, Tennesse fans, etc come here as long as they understand they are guests in our house, and act gracious. By the same token, Bama fans don't need to go to Auburn or Tennesse boards and talk smack.

People who pull for Auburn or LSU are not our enemies. They're not Al Qaeda, for God's sake. I have had a lot of friends and co-workers who pulled for Auburn, and it's never been a problem.

bamatommy said:
People who pull for Auburn or LSU are not our enemies. They're not Al Qaeda, for God's sake. I have had a lot of friends and co-workers who pulled for Auburn, and it's never been a problem.

True, but I do think Les Miles may be related to Bin Laden. :lol:

Seriously, I totally agree with you. Of course I still want to know who is dialing the phone for some of the guys who call in to Finebaum. They obviously don't have the mental capabilities to do it themselves. I'm excited about the future of the Alabama program, but also the overall direction of the SEC. The Tide has always been my team, but I don't need to belittle anyone else to prove that.

Your post brings back memories of Navid Nousel quoting Winston Churchill several years ago when he was talking about driving Hitler and the Nazis off the face of the Earth, while ranting about Alabama.

A classic speech.

Wiseace615 said:
bamatommy said:

Seriously, I totally agree with you. Of course I still want to know who is dialing the phone for some of the guys who call in to Finebaum. They obviously don't have the mental capabilities to do it themselves. I'm excited about the future of the Alabama program, but also the overall direction of the SEC. The Tide has always been my team, but I don't need to belittle anyone else to prove that.

I think some of it is staged and acted out like a play where everyone has his/her part, its all about ratings.

i've never minded if a barner or whoever comes over here and yells a WAr Eagl..... or Guex Tig... or whatever, hell isn't that whats great about college football...

BigAl said:
Wiseace615 said:
bamatommy said:

I think some of it is staged and acted out like a play where everyone has his/her part, its all about ratings.

QFT!!

callahan said:
i've never minded if a barner or whoever comes over here and yells a WAr Eagl..... or Guex Tig... or whatever, hell isn't that whats great about college football...

I agree, having a stranger come up to you and yell "War Eagle" or "Roll Tide (much preferred)" simply because your wearing a Bama cap is one of the great things about living in SEC land.

Back
Top Bottom