| NEWS Caesars projects Aggies to have third-highest win total in SEC - 247Sports

@252BAMA Looking around the ACC a bit and a few things jumped out.

Tony Elliott (Clemson) taking over Virginia. Look at their schedule! Virginia could be bowl eligible by October.

UNC gets Notre Dame and Pitt at home, Wake on the road, and avoids Clemson and Florida State.

Man. I'd just have to laugh if I was a GT fan. Ole Miss is on the schedule so there's that. They open with Clemson, close with Georgia. They're at Pitt, at UNC, and at FSU. 😂
Saw this on Athlon.

Virginia (58) lost all five starters along its offensive line and return just three players with experience (214 total snaps) from last season. Also, two transfers from the FCS level could start at tackle. That could make for a slow transition for quarterback Brennan Armstrong under new coach Tony Elliott.

It'll be reflected in the polls for the first few weeks, no doubt. There's enough decent teams in the ACC to give us four or five 10-2/9-3 type teams.

Another interesting schedule for this fall is Texas Tech. Out of their eight conference games, each one (except Texas) falls into one of those "overlook / let down / look ahead" games.

As examples:

• They face OU the week following Bedlam.
They take on Baylor the week before they play OU.
• ISU is sandwiched between two road games for the Cyclones: @ TCU and @ OSU. They'll be playing TTU on the road.
• WVU is coming after their (Mountaineers) road tilt against Baylor.
Dayum!

Texas Tech’s defense (54) has allowed at least 30 points a game in each of the last 12 years.

Last edited:
Saw this on Athlon.

Virginia (58) lost all five starters along its offensive line and return just three players with experience (214 total snaps) from last season. Also, two transfers from the FCS level could start at tackle. That could make for a slow transition for quarterback Brennan Armstrong under new coach Tony Elliott.
A good thing for UVA is they don't run into the meat of their schedule until week nine in October (unless we're saying the Illini and 'Cuse represent stumbling blocks.)

Push comes to shove ... and it'll end up being a push. When I was looking at UVA a few weeks ago I was also looking at values in win totals for some upcoming wagers. They were at seven at the time and I believe that's spot on (though the under would be my play if arms were being twisted.)

If they're breaking in a new line...no better schedule.

Dayum!

Texas Tech’s defense (54) has allowed at least 30 points a game in each of the last 12 years.
I'd think in half of those 12 seasons, half of the conference gave up over 30 points per game. I'm thinking in a 10 team conference we'd find at least four of them giving up that number and it probably averages out to half the teams in the conference do that each season.

Based on how their opponents schedules fall I look at TTU as an ATS team to watch each week. I'm not suggesting it's a ML team.

A good thing for UVA is they don't run into the meat of their schedule until week nine in October (unless we're saying the Illini and 'Cuse represent stumbling blocks.)

Push comes to shove ... and it'll end up being a push. When I was looking at UVA a few weeks ago I was also looking at values in win totals for some upcoming wagers. They were at seven at the time and I believe that's spot on (though the under would be my play if arms were being twisted.)

If they're breaking in a new line...no better schedule.
6. Illinois
The Fighting Illini just missed on a bowl in coach Bret Bielema’s debut, finishing 5-7 with four losses coming by one score. Bielema has key question marks to address going into ’22, but this team should push for six victories again. A strong backfield led by Chase Brown and Josh McCray is in place for new offensive coordinator Barry Lunney Jr., with Artur Sitkowski and Syracuse transfer Tommy DeVito set to battle for the starting quarterback job. A couple of starters must be replaced up front. After giving up 6.5 yards per play, Illinois’ defense cut that total to 5.2 last year. Maintaining (or improving) on that total will hinge on how quickly coordinator Ryan Walters can fill a few voids up front and replace safety Kerby Joseph.

They have the Cavs coming off a road game at Indiana with a bye week on the horizon followed by UTC at home.

I can see the Illini winning that game in Bloomington and, literally, looking ahead to the bye week (weeks if we consider UTC bye #2.) They have a trip to Camp Randall upcoming.

There are red flags here. I can see a B1G team looking ahead to being 2-0 in conference play even though the game is three weeks away. I can see Bert looking ahead to his return and what a win would mean.

I don't think UVA could ask for a better set-up for an out of conference road game, right?

We were discussing TARP and I believe the numbers have been coming from ActionNetwork, correct?

Based on their ratings, the game would open UVA -6½ @ Illinois. (allowing 2½ HFA.)

@252BAMA I've never seen much out of a Barry Lunney, Jr. offense under CBB. For that matter, have we seen offense under Lunny? As a player he was running into Stalling's defenses each season. As a coach, he's been running into Saban's defenses.

Dayum...that's 'effed up when you think about his career versus Alabama. :ROFLMAO:

They have the Cavs coming off a road game at Indiana with a bye week on the horizon followed by UTC at home.

I can see the Illini winning that game in Bloomington and, literally, looking ahead to the bye week (weeks if we consider UTC bye #2.) They have a trip to Camp Randall upcoming.

There are red flags here. I can see a B1G team looking ahead to being 2-0 in conference play even though the game is three weeks away. I can see Bert looking ahead to his return and what a win would mean.

I don't think UVA could ask for a better set-up for an out of conference road game, right?

We were discussing TARP and I believe the numbers have been coming from ActionNetwork, correct?

Based on their ratings, the game would open UVA -6½ @ Illinois. (allowing 2½ HFA.)
I can see BB doing what Jimbo obviously did with Bama last year. Use the first five weeks to prepare for Wisconsin. He has admitted taking weeks off in the past.

@252BAMA Stanford closing with 10 straight after week three bye. 👀
Phill Steele has their schedule #7 in his Toughest Schedule rankings. Has the barn #1.

THE PAC-12

Toughest:
STANFORD (No. 7 nationally)

Easiest: UCLA (No. 75 nationally)

Not only does Stanford get Notre Dame on the road in 2022, it adds a non-conference game vs. BYU – a program that’s achieved a 21-4 mark over its last two campaigns. In cross-division play, the Cardinal is set to play all three of the top contenders in the South, at Utah, vs. USC and at UCLA. It’s also got Oregon and Washington – the big dogs in the North – on the road.

THE SEC

Toughest:
AUBURN (No. 1 nationally)

Easiest: GEORGIA (No. 58 nationally)

Auburn’s big test in non-league play is Penn State, which it gets at home in Week 3. What makes the Tigers’ schedule the toughest in the entire nation is that it gets both Alabama and Georgia (No. 1 and No. 3 respectively in Steele’s preseason Top 40) on the road. They haven’t won in Tuscaloosa since 2010 and Athens since 2005. Add in a home date with Texas A&M (No. 9) and it’s three Top Ten opponents in eight weeks.

Phill Steele has their schedule #7 in his Toughest Schedule rankings. Has the barn #1.

THE PAC-12

Toughest:
STANFORD (No. 7 nationally)

Easiest: UCLA (No. 75 nationally)

Not only does Stanford get Notre Dame on the road in 2022, it adds a non-conference game vs. BYU – a program that’s achieved a 21-4 mark over its last two campaigns. In cross-division play, the Cardinal is set to play all three of the top contenders in the South, at Utah, vs. USC and at UCLA. It’s also got Oregon and Washington – the big dogs in the North – on the road.

THE SEC

Toughest:
AUBURN (No. 1 nationally)

Easiest: GEORGIA (No. 58 nationally)

Auburn’s big test in non-league play is Penn State, which it gets at home in Week 3. What makes the Tigers’ schedule the toughest in the entire nation is that it gets both Alabama and Georgia (No. 1 and No. 3 respectively in Steele’s preseason Top 40) on the road. They haven’t won in Tuscaloosa since 2010 and Athens since 2005. Add in a home date with Texas A&M (No. 9) and it’s three Top Ten opponents in eight weeks.

I thought they changed that home and home against Georgia and Alabama a couple years back after Auburn felt that was unfair? Could have promised they played Georgia at home or away twice in a row to solve this. Or maybe they just moved that game to another weekend away from the Iron Bowl.

I thought they changed that home and home against Georgia and Alabama a couple years back after Auburn felt that was unfair? Could have promised they played Georgia at home or away twice in a row to solve this. Or maybe they just moved that game to another weekend away from the Iron Bowl.
They moved it up a month. Didn't help or matter. Still losing. :D They couldn't do the twice in a row thingy because they had already done that in 2012-2013 in order for the SEC to schedule Bama-Georgia, who were both playing their permanent cross divisional opponents at home in the same year and away in the same year. That had to change in order for them to have an equal number of home and away conference games. To do it again would put them back at square one. They would again be unable to schedule Bama-UGA.

Individual Game Results of Auburn (vs Georgia), 2012-2021​

DateOpponent (record)ResultScoreSite
10/9/2021​
vs.*Georgia (14-1)L
10​
34​
10/3/2020​
@*Georgia (8-2)L
6​
27​
11/16/2019​
vs.*Georgia (12-2)L
14​
21​
11/10/2018​
@*Georgia (11-3)L
10​
27​
11/11/2017​
vs.*Georgia (13-2)W
40​
17​
12/2/2017​
vs.*Georgia (13-2)L
7​
28​
@ Atlanta, GASEC Championship
11/12/2016​
@*Georgia (8-5)L
7​
13​
11/14/2015​
vs.*Georgia (10-3)L
13​
20​
11/15/2014​
@*Georgia (10-3)L
7​
34​
11/16/2013​
vs.*Georgia (8-5)W
43​
38​
11/10/2012​
vs.*Georgia (12-2)L
0​
38​

Last edited:
@252BAMA Stanford closing with 10 straight after week three bye. 👀
Just saw where TCU is another team facing that situation. Also saw two (Illinois and Oklahoma State) facing 9 straight after their byes in the third week. Ole Miss plays 9 straight before their bye in the 10th week. All of that is tough to handle.

Last edited:
Wow....with the bad blood between Dodd n BEAR i am shocked that BEAR would sponsor him back in SEC.... must have put it behind them...shocking

"Story of a College Football Fix" is so incrediblely yellow journalism it’s unbelievable that the SEP would have printed...

And Furman Bisher was such a Bear hater...and Bama hater
Bear and Dodd were both great coaches who respected one another more than any other contemporaries. Dodd said Bryant was the greatest defensive coach and motivator and Bryant said Dodd was the greatest Saturday coach in the game. Their dispute was complicated and I won’t get into my take on it here and now. I will say what Dodd did at GT was amazing considering Tech didn’t have “sport’s majors” during those years. Bear and the other SEC coaches but especially Butts would visit a prized recruit and drop a calculus book on the kitchen table. Then they’d say you don’t have to take that if you come with us … but you will at GT. Dodd said he knew he was in trouble if he saw one of the books when he walked in the door.

Back
Top Bottom