| FTBL Brodie Croyle, as he will receive the first-ever Starr-Sullivan Award as the Alabama Sports Hall Of Fame inducts its Class Of 2020.

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Rick Karle WVTM 13

I'd like to tell you about what will be a very special weekend for former
Alabama Football
quarterback Brodie Croyle, as he will receive the first-ever Starr-Sullivan Award as the Alabama Sports Hall Of Fame inducts its Class Of 2020.
The Starr-Sullivan Award is named after Alabama and Auburn greats Bart Starr and Pat Sullivan, both of whom died last year, and both of whom were the classiest men I have ever known. It is awarded to the former college quarterback who has exhibited exemplary character and has given back to his community.
Brodie Croyle (along with his sister Reagan) have now taken over the Big Oak Boys and Girls Ranches from their father John, as they offer up a loving home to over 150 abused and neglected children.
Yes, Brodie had a remarkable career at Bama, and he spent five years in the NFL until multiple injuries forced him to retire.
Yet Brodie tells me he always knew deep inside that he would return to the ranch where he grew up and take over the day-to-day operations.
Bart Starr, Pat Sullivan and Brodie Croyle. They don't come much better, and I congratulate the Hall Of Fame for not only creating this award, but to offering the inaugural award to Brodie.
This story may not receive an over-abundance of coverage this weekend, as the induction ceremonies will be virtual, but I want you to know about how inspirational this award and this story is. It's time to give Brodie some love.
Please offer your congratulations to Brodie, his wife Kelli and their beautiful sons Sawyer and Luke.
1595867251334.png

Back
Top Bottom