| FTBL Brandon Lewis is headed to Hargrave...

Kind of hate to hear that, but it's to be expected in recruiting. Has to be disappointing to be so close, but he almost certainly would of been red shirted any way.

i hate to hear that for him, and i hope we see him in crimson ASAP. the silver lining to this cloud is it opens up one more spot. with Hood pretty much certainly going to MLB and Melvin Ray possibly going as well, we're getting closer to where we need to be. we may be losing them but at least another SEC team isn't scooping them up.

He was projected to take a redshirt year, so I think it's not a bad scenario at all. He's a hard-worker and a mature kid, I think the Hargrave via will server him to improve in academics as is evident and to get bigger and stronger physically. Good luck.

RTR,

runswithscissors said:
i hate to hear that for him, and i hope we see him in crimson ASAP. the silver lining to this cloud is it opens up one more spot. with Hood pretty much certainly going to MLB and Melvin Ray possibly going as well, we're getting closer to where we need to be. we may be losing them but at least another SEC team isn't scooping them up.

Word has it another spot is opened up because of a player leaving the team...in terms of the 85.

bamatommy said:
Do players lose a year of eligibility when they go to Hargrave? Does that school even have a football program?

No. It's a prep school.

A damn good football program!! As example, they had 12 former players sign with the NFL this year.

TerryP said:
bamatommy said:
Do players lose a year of eligibility when they go to Hargrave? Does that school even have a football program?

No. It's a prep school.

A damn good football program!! As example, they had 12 former players sign with the NFL this year.

Sounds like some good coming out of a not-so-good situation!! See ya soon, Brandon!!! RTR!!

TerryP said:
bamatommy said:

No. It's a prep school.

Arguably the best Prep Program in the entire country. They have made their name as a team by taking in kids like Lewis that are D1 caliber talent. They are virtually and All-Star team.

I feel fro Brandon. He takes care of his grades through high school, has a passing ACT score disallowed because he did too well, and missed the entry level by ONE. And for that, he is left with a best option of moving out of state to participate in a military school environment.

---

I am glad however that he, and BAMA, have this as an option. In years past kids like Brandon had to forgo this and go to another school in another conference.

I just did some homework. To be eligible for the Bryant Scholarship a student must be the son of someone who played or coached for Coach Bryant.

Wes Neightbors (Wesley's dad) was a member of Coach Bryant's last recruiting class, and was on his last team in 1982, so Wesley could go the Bryant Scholarship route if needed.

psychojoe said:
Wouldn't he be eligible as the son of a former player?
yes, but i was thinking that since he was recruited by the coaches and wasn't a walk-on he wouldn't be eligible. but now i remember something about not counting against the 85 total until they play or something so i guess you're probably right.

Back
Top Bottom