| FTBL Bobby told me Roll Tide...

TWJUA

Verified Member
...he whispered it in my ear. I told him.."the Saban Nation is coming." And then we all smiled at the camera....

bobby_small.jpg

Ive always like Bobby,
hes is a good man...
I wish we would have just hired him after Bear then the past 25 year we woulda had a little more success

seancallahan said:
Ive always like Bobby,
hes is a good man...
I wish we would have just hired him after Bear then the past 25 year we woulda had a little more success

You have to believe that the powers that be are still kicking themselves over hiring Curry over Bowden. Or, on the other hand, not hiring Stallings before Perk. I think either guy would have won multiple championships at BAMA before retiring.

No doubt. Bobby BUilt FSU to what is is now...
in case people FSU was nothing before bowden.
Florida State had a VERY late start. The Football program started in (1947) and very few thought the program would ever be a success. Bobby only lost 3 bowl games at FSU i believe and has been to a bowl every year but like 2.

He does his summer tour across Florida with golf and then a banquet at night. Fort Myers is always his last stop. So I just signed up me and my wife and we went with another friend. They have an auction and all that stuff.
So you can take a picture with him real quick before the dinner.
:lol: he didn't tell me Roll Tide, I was just kidding. You just say hello real fast and shake hands. He said to me that I got her all dressed up nice tonight, or something like that. And then called my wife sweetie. So she got a kick out of that. There is a long line, so they try and push you along. I bought that pic and gave it to my mom. My parents and sister are FSU grads and my mom was surprised and happy that we gave it to her.

He is such a good guy and you definantly see the smooth, southern salesman. His speech was funny and entertaining. Made some jokes about UF, the normal banquet jokes he has been doing years I bet. And then he ran down the schedule and made some comments. My wife gave a whoo when he said Alabama. And after the he talked, he took questions and I was in the front, but down the side. I asked something like, 'being from Birmingham and coaching there, what was your relationship with Coach Bryant like profesionaly and personally?" He said all the stuff you've heard him say on tv and radio.

It was fun and I might go again next year or even volunteer.

Also, You should have seen him with kids when taking the picture. Everytime there was a little kid, he would grab them and put them in front or make sure they all got in close, and he would grab the little kids or babies and hold them in the pic. Definatly a charmer.

And when he would talk about Clemson, he would shake his head and talk about that cheat up there. And then call him Anne's boy. "Thats not my boy, thats Anne's boy". Anne is Bobby's wife.

Back
Top Bottom