| FTBL Bo Davis Video

The best thing that happened (for Bama) out of the T-Town Menswear/Tom stuff was that when the story blew up, it was fuckups like Brooks and Clay who were leading the charge, and they were way out of their depth. If the Yahoo! guys had jumped on it, or anyone else who had all their marbles, it could have gotten very bad. I'm not going to go into details on here about some of the stuff that was going on, but @BamaFan334 is shooting straight.

The best thing that happened (for Bama) out of the T-Town Menswear/Tom stuff was that when the story blew up, it was fuckups like Brooks and Clay who were leading the charge, and they were way out of their depth. If the Yahoo! guys had jumped on it, or anyone else who had all their marbles, it could have gotten very bad. I'm not going to go into details on here about some of the stuff that was going on, but @BamaFan334 is shooting straight.
No one is denying or arguing Tom wasn't bad news. You and I were talking about what a fumbling dick Brooks was as well as how Clay was trying to make a name for himself in the college football world. (He did well there.)

The point of contention is the notion that Saban was lying to compliance, Moore, et. al. about the whole story.

No one is denying or arguing Tom wasn't bad news. You and I were talking about what a fumbling dick Brooks was as well as how Clay was trying to make a name for himself in the college football world. (He did well there.)

The point of contention is the notion that Saban was lying to compliance, Moore, et. al. about the whole story.

I don't know what all Saban knew about that specific situation (would imagine it was only what he was told by compliance), but I do know compliance had plenty of evidence and the whole ordeal was much bigger than most would believe. But, there have certainty been other things that have gone on that Saban was aware of, but maintained plausible deniability of (like any smart SEC coach). That's not to excuse Bo Davis, what he did was dumb (in terms of trying deny the crime when compliance already knew the truth).

I don't know what all Saban knew about that specific situation (would imagine it was only what he was told by compliance), but I do know compliance had plenty of evidence and the whole ordeal was much bigger than most would believe. But, there have certainty been other things that have gone on that Saban was aware of, but maintained plausible deniability of (like any smart SEC coach). That's not to excuse Bo Davis, what he did was dumb (in terms of trying deny the crime when compliance already knew the truth).
Do you remember if the program was still within the "window?"

Agree with Terry on this. I do not believe Saban did or would do that. Would be stupid to put your reputation and program at risk doing that.

Coaches do it every year by recruiting players. They put their reputation on the line every day when they are in charge of 100 football players and even more staff.

Would you have believed Joe Paterno would have known about Sandusky and covered it up? Would you have believed Coach K if he said he didn't know about the six figures paid to Zion Williamson? Would you believe it if Bobby Bowdon said he knew zero about his players getting extra benefits in the 90's? What about anyone at Miami that tried saying no one ever took a dime? Don't be naive to the cutthroat world of being a coach.

Coaches do it every year by recruiting players. They put their reputation on the line every day when they are in charge of 100 football players and even more staff.

Would you have believed Joe Paterno would have known about Sandusky and covered it up? Would you have believed Coach K if he said he didn't know about the six figures paid to Zion Williamson? Would you believe it if Bobby Bowdon said he knew zero about his players getting extra benefits in the 90's? What about anyone at Miami that tried saying no one ever took a dime? Don't be naive to the cutthroat world of being a coach.
The argument is that Saban would lie to Moore and the compliance department about this story. Lets agree to disagree.

Didn't he say he wasn't leaving the Dolphins to millions of people?

Just having a little fun with you at this point.
What part of "would lie to Moore and the compliance department" are you missing? No where in there does it say to the Dolphins or media. You are broadening it beyond what is being said. Roll Tide BamaFan334 it is all good.

Back
Top Bottom