| FTBL Big Fan

billfish said:
I need an address for your favorite charity/church, etc. It has a small contribution coming as a result of a "duck" hunting trip. :lol:

Roll Tide!

http://donate.wvus.org/OA_HTML/xxwvibeCCtpSctDspRte.jsp?section=10024

That is a charity I support, you may have seen them on Good Morning America today. We had a couple of World Vision Missionaries at our church a few weeks ago.

Like I said, I did not know if Tubbs would accept the job, but I knew that he wanted out - and still does. He was very close to leaving...almost as close as RichRod to Bama. I mean....the news agencies were reporting it as done. Even though he did not leave, I was right that he was shopping. Don't be surprised if he retires soon...If his contract is like most, he can retire and sit out a couple of seasons, then come back at another school if he wants. Either that or he will intentionally tank and force Auburn to fire him and pay his buyout. His recruiting class this season makes you wonder...it is THAT bad.

I have heard that the 6M buy out combined with a 3M salary would have done too much PR damage for Arkansas to handle. The cost of replacing Nutt would have been at almost 12M and even the big money folks balked at that.

Don't give because you feel any obligation, give because it is the right thing to do.

RTR.

Big_Fan said:
billfish said:
I need an address for your favorite charity/church, etc. It has a small contribution coming as a result of a "duck" hunting trip. :lol:

Roll Tide!

http://donate.wvus.org/OA_HTML/xxwvibeCCtpSctDspRte.jsp?section=10024

That is a charity I support, you may have seen them on Good Morning America today. We had a couple of World Vision Missionaries at our church a few weeks ago.

Like I said, I did not know if Tubbs would accept the job, but I knew that he wanted out - and still does. He was very close to leaving...almost as close as RichRod to Bama. I mean....the news agencies were reporting it as done. Even though he did not leave, I was right that he was shopping. Don't be surprised if he retires soon...If his contract is like most, he can retire and sit out a couple of seasons, then come back at another school if he wants. Either that or he will intentionally tank and force Auburn to fire him and pay his buyout. His recruiting class this season makes you wonder...it is THAT bad.

I have heard that the 6M buy out combined with a 3M salary would have done too much PR damage for Arkansas to handle. The cost of replacing Nutt would have been at almost 12M and even the big money folks balked at that.

Don't give because you feel any obligation, give because it is the right thing to do.
RTR.

Your solid in my book Big Fan. Consider it done. I'm happy to do it and worth every penny.

Roll Tide and Merry Christmas!

billfish said:
Somebody just got a deep well. :D

Thats great! Clean water is a real problem in many countries. We take for granted the ability to walk to the sink and turn on the faucet, but it is not unusual for some villagers to walk 3 or more miles each way to get to water.

The cool thing about World Vision is that you can sponsor a child, or make specific gifts, and unlike many charities where only pennies of every dollar reach its destination, World Vision actually multiplies your donation through corporate matching gifts. Every penny reaches its intended target, and then some.

In 2008, we are going to do what one family on GMA did...we are going to have a "cheap dinner" night, eating ramen noodles or something, then deposit $15 in a jar. At the end of the year, we are going to let our 12 year old son spend the money in that gift catalog.

Big_Fan said:
billfish said:
Somebody just got a deep well. :D

Thats great! Clean water is a real problem in many countries. We take for granted the ability to walk to the sink and turn on the faucet, but it is not unusual for some villagers to walk 3 or more miles each way to get to water.

The cool thing about World Vision is that you can sponsor a child, or make specific gifts, and unlike many charities where only pennies of every dollar reach its destination, World Vision actually multiplies your donation through corporate matching gifts. Every penny reaches its intended target, and then some.

In 2008, we are going to do what one family on GMA did...we are going to have a "cheap dinner" night, eating ramen noodles or something, then deposit $15 in a jar. At the end of the year, we are going to let our 12 year old son spend the money in that gift catalog.

You sound like someone that might be interested in this. Not asking you to join, not asking anything, just thought I'd throw this in the topic...

There's something I got in with called "Mocha Club", which basically I donate 7 dollars a month (the cost of two Mochas, FWIW) to African Leadership.

What does $7 do, you ask?

In Africa, $7 will:

* Give 9 orphans 3 meals in a day, or
* Pay for 21 orphans' housing for 1 day, or
* Keep a child in school for 3 months, or
* Give 7 Africans clean water for a year, or
* Provide one month's worth of life-saving drugs to someone living with AIDS.

If anyone is interested, see sig...

Back
Top Bottom