| FTBL Best preseason magazine

A good friend of mine works for the printing company that prints the Athelon books, so he always sends me free copies. They're pretty good. Problem with almost all of them is they're editorial deadline is so early that so much changes between the editorial date and press time that they have a hard time remaining accurate. Considering that, Athelon does a nice job, as does Street and Smith.

I'm reading now Athlon SEC Edition (I have national edition too) and I love it. There're 6 pages per team analyzing each team's unity, an overall team's feedback from Athlon, schedule, roster, recruitring class, impact player, raising stars, team's stats and other more additional info... and all this with great photos, articles, opinions, etc... Highly recommended...

2007_Alabama_Aub_v07.jpg

In a few days I'm going to receive Sporting News SEC Edition. I've heard a lot about Sporting News' info quality, some guys recommended me SN and this is the first year I get it... Is said there're no photos and a lot of info, at least in the NFL edition... :lol:
In some days, if you're interested I'll give you a feedback...

07CFB_cvr10_173.jpg

I've heard a lot of about Lindy's Sports too but I've never bought it, but looks good (I've seen some photos and read some positives feedbacks)...

RTR

firestorm said:
I'm reading now Athlon SEC Edition (I have national edition too) and I love it. There're 6 pages per team analyzing each team's unity, an overall team's feedback from Athlon, schedule, roster, recruitring class, impact player, raising stars, team's stats and other more additional info... and all this with great photos, articles, opinions, etc... Highly recommended...

2007_Alabama_Aub_v07.jpg

In a few days I'm going to receive Sporting News SEC Edition. I've heard a lot about Sporting News' info quality, some guys recommended me SN and this is the first year I get it... Is said there're no photos and a lot of info, at least in the NFL edition... :lol:
In some days, if you're interested I'll give you a feedback...

07CFB_cvr10_173.jpg

I've heard a lot of about Lindy's Sports too but I've never bought it, but looks good (I've seen some photos and read some positives feedbacks)...

RTR

I picked up Lindy's and Athlon last year. Both are quality publications. They all pretty much say the same thing IMO.

I would have to say that the Phil Steele is the best, because I had never heard of it until I saw it at Publix the other day, and read in it that they think we could be a darkhorse national champion contender! :D

I have already picked up...

Lindys
Street and Smiths
Sporting News
and Athlon

Haven't found a copy of Steele's yet.

I personally like Sporting News and Lindys the best so far.

I am about ready to pick up a Media Guide if they will hit the stands.

I haven't bought any this year, but I usually try to get a Lindy's and a Phil Steele. I enjoy reading both, and Steele has a good reputation of being one of the most accurate on predicting teams season record.

Back
Top Bottom