| FTBL Bertman (LSU AD) has agreed to allow UM to talk to Miles

TerryP

Staff
LSU athletic director Skip Bertman confirmed Wednesday night through spokesman Herb Vincent that his Michigan counterpart, Bill Martin, has officially requested permission to speak with Les Miles about becoming the next coach of the Wolverines.

Bertman requested that the meeting not take place until after LSU plays Tennessee Saturday for the SEC championship. Martin told Bertman he will comply.

Miles played for Bo Schembechler at Michigan, where he met his wife and later became an assistant under Schembechler.

LSU will have its own meeting with Miles next week to make its pitch to keep Miles. Sources say Miles will be offered a sweetened deal.

Although formal discussions will wait for next week, a source close to the situation said Miles' agent, George Bass, was in Baton Rouge Wednesday meeting with LSU officials. The subject of those talks is unknown.

Miles has been at the center of speculation to be the next coach of the Wolverines since Lloyd Carr stepped down Nov. 19. The Michigan alum has carefully chosen his words when asked repeatedly about his interest in returning to his alma mater, but the one thing he has not done is say he is not a candidate.

LSU's national championship chase ended with an upset loss to Arkansas last Friday. That might have changed the timetable for negotiations with Michigan and freed up both sides to discuss the job sooner.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3132538

Bo7 said:
If LSU hires the right guy, this could be the best thing that's ever happened to them. Miles was a time bomb, imo.

I agree. From day one coaches on his staff said he was lost. Heck, if you look at the thread about "I'm the head coach" you see it personified. There was a reason Moore didn't give him a look even after the wanted the job twice.

TerryP said:
Bo7 said:
If LSU hires the right guy, this could be the best thing that's ever happened to them. Miles was a time bomb, imo.

I agree. From day one coaches on his staff said he was lost. Heck, if you look at the thread about "I'm the head coach" you see it personified. There was a reason Moore didn't give him a look even after the wanted the job twice.

I don't know. He didn't lose many games in regulation. You know those OT losses don't really count the same. 2 OT losses kind of equal 1 regular loss. :shock: :roll:

BamaDelta said:
TerryP said:
Bo7 said:

I don't know. He didn't lose many games in regulation. You know those OT losses don't really count the same. 2 OT losses kind of equal 1 regular loss. :shock: :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LET ER RIP

He's gone which really stinks cause he' not a really good coach IMO. He has made bonehead call after bonehead call this year. Says the most off the wall stuff. Id hate to see another good coach at LSU with that kinda talent.

Hero said:
Can anyone guess who LSU will try and hire if Les ends up in Ann Arbor???

There is word coming out of the LSU camps that they are talking with another coach in the SEC. UM waiting 'til next week to talk to Miles I'll wait until then to discuss what they are thinking.

I don't see the point of releasing this info during the week leading up to the SECCG but saying he can't meet with them until after the game. I think the distraction has already been made by the news release. They should have not even mentioned this until next Monday. I don't knwo about ya'll, but I am pulling for LSU to beat the VOLS.

Back
Top Bottom