| FTBL BCS Bowl Games

Bamaman37

National Championship - Ohio St. vs LSU

Sugar Bowl - Georgia vs Hawaii

Orange Bowl - Kansas vs. Virginia Tech

Fiesta Bowl - Oklahoma vs. West Virginia

Rose Bowl - Southern Cal vs. Illinois

hopefully this year will cause other conferences to get behind getting rid of BCS and getting a real playoff schedule done.

what a year...LSwho lost twice as #1 and still makes it to the big show.

Is it a rule that the Big10 gets 2 teams assuming 1 of those is in the title game?

If not why the frick is ILL in a BCS game?

planomateo said:
hopefully this year will cause other conferences to get behind getting rid of BCS and getting a real playoff schedule done.

what a year...LSwho lost twice as #1 and still makes it to the big show.

Maybe third time is the charm? :lol:

Since our conference champ is in the Big Game, wouldn't our conference runner-up (UT) be the host for the Sugar Bowl. Am I missing something?

planomateo said:
my understanding is the Rose Bowl is always Pac-10 vs Big-10 champs unless involved in national championship game. Illinois is #2 in big-10, so they get the nod.

It used to be that way, no longer. They had a choice and chose to take Illinois.

CrimsonPirate said:
Since our conference champ is in the Big Game, wouldn't our conference runner-up (UT) be the host for the Sugar Bowl. Am I missing something?

who cares, it's UT :D anytime phil gets the short end of the stick, it's a good thing.

actually, i think this came down to standings, but not certain.

planomateo said:
CrimsonPirate said:

who cares, it's UT :D anytime phil gets the short end of the stick, it's a good thing.

actually, i think this came down to standings, but not certain.

Sugar is at large vs at large this year. The SEC has a mandate in place for the SECCG loser. It was implemented last year when LSU didn't go to the Cotton in '05.

RollTideRandy said:
No I think he means that the second best bowl bid MUST go to the loser of the SEC Championship Game. That’s the mandate. Not what is a mandate.

Cap One has the second selection. After that, if the SECCG losing team isn't in a BCS game or the Cap One it has to pick the loser, in this case UT. If the West loses, they would go Cotton. If the East loses, they go Outback.

In a different scenario...if LSU would have lost the SECCG UT and Georgia would be in the BCS. Say the Cap One keeps the same pick with UF, the Cotton would have to pick LSU.

Last year, the Cap One chose Arkansas...

Back
Top Bottom