| BSB/SB ⚾ Baseball Takes Both Ends of Friday Doubleheader to Sweep Ole Miss

UA Press Release

Official News Releases
Staff

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – Alabama baseball wraps up regular season play this Thursday through Saturday when the Tide hosts Ole Miss at Sewell-Thomas Stadium. The Crimson Tide and Rebels are slated for a pair of 6 p.m. CT starts in games one and two followed by a 2 p.m. first pitch in the series finale. All three contests will air on SEC Network+.

The series with Ole Miss will feature numerous promotions across the final two games of the 2023 regular season. On Friday, the Tide will be handing out red Alabama baseball cups to the first 500 fans through the gates. The cup is the final of five 'SEC Cup Series' giveaways. Fans should also be sure to show up early on Friday as Alabama will host 'Senior Night' at The Joe, recognizing the program's 13 senior student-athletes and one manager. Friday will also serve as staff appreciation day for all Alabama Athletics staff.

The regular season finale on Saturday will be the final 'Kids' Day at The Joe' of 2023. All kids 18-and-under can purchase a $5 general admission ticket. Children will also have the chance to run the bases postgame. Additionally, Saturday will be the Tide's fifth baseball card giveaway of the 2023 season. The trading cards are part of a season-long promotion highlighting the 2023 roster. Kids can get their fifth and final pack of cards and stay after the game to get autographs from the group of players featured in Saturday's group.

Follow the Tide​

Fans can follow the series via the below outlets:
Watch: SEC Network+
Listen: 100.9 FM / CTSN / The Varsity App
Twitter: @AlabamaBSB
Live Stats: RollTide.com

Probable Starting Pitching Matchups​

THURSDAY: UALuke Holman (So., RHP) vs. OM – Xavier Rivas (Jr., LHP)
FRIDAY: UAGarrett McMillan (Sr., RHP) vs. OM – JT Quinn (Fr., RHP)
SATURDAY: UAJacob McNairy (Gr., RHP) vs. OM – TBA

And from where I'm sitting it looks like things are clearing out and the game will start...<cough/whisper>...when it was originally scheduled?

Had I known it was going to get bumped to 6 anyway, I'd have gone. The change to 4 kept me from going... Looks like tomorrow will be the last home game I can get to this year, barring a regional (which I'm not really expecting).

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – Alabama baseball used early offense to claim a 4-1 win over Ole Miss on Thursday evening at Sewell-Thomas Stadium. The Crimson Tide is now 36-17 on the season and 14-14 in Southeastern Conference play.

Alabama loaded the bases in the first and came away with two runs before adding a single tally in the third on an Andrew Pinckney solo homer. The Tide then added one more in the fourth on an RBI-single from Jim Jarvis to put the game out of reach. Ole Miss got on the board in the seventh with one run but would get no closer for the 4-1 final.

The early offense allowed Alabama starter Luke Holman (7-3) to settle in for the win. Holman tossed 6.2 innings and allowed just one run on four hits and four walks with five strikeouts. He then turned the ball over to his bullpen with Kade Woods and Alton Davis II combining to hold the Rebels scoreless over the final 2.1 frames. Davis II picked up his seventh save of the season with a scoreless ninth.

From Interim Head Coach Jason Jackson

"Luke Holman was fantastic tonight. He did a really good job on short rest. Pitchers are big on their routines, and not only was it a short week for Luke but we had some lightning delays, and it was raining so those kind of things can sometimes get a guy out of whack. But Luke came out like a champ and did a great job of pitching deep into the ballgame for us. That's a really good offensive team Ole Miss has over there, and he did a good job of slowing them down tonight."

How It Happened​

• B1 | The Tide loaded the bases to start the first before a one-out single from Dominic Tamez scored the game's first run. Then, with two down and the bases still loaded, Ed Johnson drew a four-pitch walk to push across one more tally. (2-0, Alabama)
  • B3 | Andrew Pinckney added one with a solo homer. (3-0, Alabama)
  • B4 | Caden Rose got aboard with a two-out hit-by-pitch and stole second. He then came home on an RBI-single from Jim Jarvis. (4-0, Alabama)
  • T7 | A two-out double to right got the Rebels on the board. (4-1, Alabama)

Back
Top Bottom